Actinic Link V2.1 to Business V7.01

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actinic Link V2.1 to Business V7.01

Allready spoken to support but has anyone had problems with Sage Line 50 Link to Business V7.01?

I receive an "overflow" error Actinic to Sage during order CSV file export.

Re-index and compression of data in Sage hasn't solved the issue, the Link software will work Sage to Actinic but not flow in other direction.

Tip...

Resolution was as follows:

(1) Untick the By-Pass Catalogue Ordering option
    (2) Download orders
    (3) Retick the By-Pass Catalogue Ordering option
    (4) Export Orders / Select items to Re-Export

We normally by-pass Actinic using Sage Line 50 to process orders, although I don't understand why switching this option on / off seemed to reset the system, it fixed the problem.

May be a bug or our clockwork wound hardware, who knows...

Comment

Hi David,

Glad to hear you got it working again. Sorry our developer did not give you a call in time but he has been in a meeting all morning. I will tell him that you have solved it.
      Tracey
      SellerDeck

Comment

Poltergeist...

It's back.

I have re-indexed the Sage data but again the overflow error is there.

Comment

Weird...

There's weirdness.

With the batch of orders which you get a problem of "overflow", if you don't try to include them in another batch of exports to Sage your new order shall export perfectly.

No matter what you do however the order(s) you did have issues with stay put... even if included with new orders downloaded.

At a guess the Sage data even after re-index has a shadow of the failed export which created the "overflow" and isn't being cleaned up by a re-index...

Oh I love making you boffin's and screen lickers scratch your heads!

Comment

I must be honest and say I haven't a clue.

You should keep following this up with support and maybe send them your Actinic site for them to look at.

Comment

Same

I have exactly the same issue, so any help would be great :-)

Comment

Have you been to 'File | Maintenance' and done a 'Compress Data' and a 'Re-Index'? This fixes it 9 times out of 10.

Comment

Thanks, Yes, I have done that several times.

Comment

We don't tend to have much success with Link problems on this forum - mainly because there are so many pieces of technology that could be causing the problem.

I would recommend registering an email support request at http://www.actinic.co.uk/support/register.htm and letting the team take a look.

Comment

Ok, will do. Thanks for your trying.

Comment

Was a solution ever found for this? I've been using Link to Sage for 1 day - all orders gone OK - but just tried to export one and got the Overflow error.

Thought I'd ask before trying to re-invent the wheel so to speak!

Thanks

Kathy
                        Kathy Newman

Comment

The normal way to fix sage overflow errors is to go to 'File | Maintenance' and click the 'Reindex' button. It will normally ask you if you want to do a compress as well. Try it out and see if it helps.

Comment

Overflow Update

Thanks Chris

Have done as you suggested but still get overflow error.

I'm trying to export 4 orders as a batch. It exports first one then get error on 2nd order. I can then export (via link) orders 3 and 4 - it;s just the 2nd one in the list I can't get to go.

Very odd!

Any further suggestions.

Kathy
                            Kathy Newman

Comment

Kathy

Please register an email support query at http://www.actinic.co.uk/support/register.htm as a Developer will need to check out your files to take a look at what might be causing the problem.

Let us know how you get on.

Comment

Working...
                              X