Simple Search stopped working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Simple Search stopped working

Hi I have edited the simple search on the Act_Primary page(s) and it no longer works, i.e. the form field is not submitting.
    below is the html from the Act_primary page for the search area can anyone see what it needs to do in order for it to work again?
    thanks
    Dan

<form name=simplesearch action="NETQUOTEVAR:SIMPLESEARCH" METHOD="NETQUOTEVAR:CGIMETHOD">
    <tr valign="middle">
    <td align="center" noWrap><input type="TEXT" name="SS" size="15" maxsize="125" value="Quick Search" onFocus="this.value='';this.style.background='#FFFFFF'">
    </td>
    <td align="center" noWrap><input name="ACTION" type="image" id="ACTION" src="quicksearch.gif" width="49" height="19" border="0">
    <input type=HIDDEN name="PR" value="-1">
    <input type=HIDDEN name="TB" value="A">
    <input type=HIDDEN name="SHOP" value="NETQUOTEVAR:SHOPID">

From my v6
    Code:
    <!-- SIMPLESEARCH HTML BEGIN --> 
    <table cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0 border=0 height="37" align="left">
      <form name=simplesearch action="NETQUOTEVAR:SEARCHCGIURL" METHOD="NETQUOTEVAR:CGIMETHOD">
        <tr valign="middle"> 
          <td align="center" noWrap><input type="TEXT" name="SS" size="15" maxsize="125" value="NETQUOTEVAR:QUICKSEARCHLABEL" onFocus="this.value='';this.style.background='#FFFFFF'">
          </td>
          <td align="center" noWrap><input name="ACTION" type="image" id="ACTION" src="quicksearch.gif" width="49" height="19" border="0"> 
            <input type=HIDDEN name="PR" value="-1"> <input type=HIDDEN name="TB" value="A"> 
            <input type=HIDDEN name="SHOP" value="NETQUOTEVAR:SHOPID"></td>
        </tr>
      </form>
    </table>
    <!-- SIMPLESEARCH HTML END -->
    <!-- <input type=SUBMIT name=ACTION value="NETQUOTEVAR:QUICKSEARCHBUTTONTEXT"> -->
    Owner of a broken heart

Comment

Thanks for that. However i now get a server error of:

HTTP Error 405
      405 Method Not Allowed

The method specified in the Request Line is not allowed for the resource identified by the request. Please ensure that you have the proper MIME type set up for the resource you are requesting.

Please contact the server's administrator if this problem persists.

Comment

That code needs to be in a template called Act_SimpleSearch.html rather than directly in the Act_Primary.html template.

Once you have corrected Act_SimpleSearch.html you can then use the variable NETQUOTEVAR:SIMPLESEARCH in the Act_Primary.html template wherever you want your search bar to appear.

Comment

Working...
        X