Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

order size?

Hi

I had a customer with a 29 line order email me stating that he wasnt being redirected to Protx our payment people. He was receiving this error:

A General Script Error Occurred
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Error: The input is NULL
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Press the Browser back button and try again or contact the site owner

I read in previous posts about IE and updating browsers which i done on my PC. I added the items to the cart again and still the same Error. Done it in a Mozilla browser and still the same. I then tried an order for 1 item and was redirected to Protx with no issue.
    I added the 29 line order to the cart again and this time enabled capture ccard details for later processing. I was then able to complete the customers order.

My question is, is there a maximum size or order line amount that cant be transfered to a PSP or is it someting to do with my ISP (Eclipse)

Cheers
    Martin

The normal (?) failure mode for this error is a timeout on POSTed data and IE failing to send the data when it retried the POST.

So the initial timeout is a key part of the failure mechanism.

This should have been fixed in IE but there still may be other causes. Checking my stats I've only had one instance of this error so far this month, which isn't bad really as usually a customer will back up and try again.

Maybe Actinic can see if this reproducable with large number of cart items.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Sometimes the server simply runs out of memory for processing the order when there is a large order.

We recommend that a server has 16MB assigned for executing Perl. You may want to check with your webhost about the possibilities of increasing memory on the server.

Comment

Originally posted by cdicken
        Sometimes the server simply runs out of memory for processing the order when there is a large order.

We recommend that a server has 16MB assigned for executing Perl. You may want to check with your webhost about the possibilities of increasing memory on the server.
        Eclipse have confirmed that the server config that hosts my site does have more than 16mb assigned to executing perl.

Could there be any other reasons for this?

Regards
        Martin

Comment

Hi

i had the same issues with internetters last year, and they could not understand why, they spoke to actinic i spoke to actinic they spoke to me actnic spoke to them and guess what nothing ever happened

so i moved to pinbrook and i have not had this error since? and i did raise the question about internetters being a gold partner and they still are. But i guess there is something just not quite right with the setup that causes this problem which is hard to replicate, i found it was a particular section of products that caused the failure, it took me ages by adding one item at a time and ordering it until it fell over when i had an order of considerable length. i raised about 15 orders building the basket up 1 by 1

i know it is not much help but the situation seems exactly the same to mine

there not much but this was the thread most of it was done over the phone http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=1356

Cheers
          Darren

Comment

Working...
          X