Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Source Codes has no indentation.

Hi,

I have a problem here! when right click view source of my website, its extremely untidy. All my html codes are joining together, there are certainly no indentation. Is there anyway i can tidy those codes. As i'm still new to
    Actinic, i do not know where could this be found. Please guide. Thank you.

Yours,
    Swee
    Http://www.hst.com.sg

Go to the Design tab, then Oprions, then Miscellaneous.

Almost in the centre of the page, untick the Choose HTML/CGI box.

Best to have it unticked when you are working with the html, then tick to compact when you are happy with your work.
    Football Heaven

For all kinds of football souvenirs and memorabilia.

Comment

hi,

so when i unticked it, wads the used of it? what will happen? then where do i change the alignment of all the codess?

yours,
      swee

Comment

Anyone? please explain?

Comment

compact HTML takes all the unused space out, when you untick it then you should find all you pages go back to being neat and tidy, this option allows you to see the wood from the trees, but i can effect how you pages look and increase the size of the pages

Cheers
          Darren

Comment

so what you mean is, if i checked the html compact check box, it will pack all my html codes together causing it look "untidy". If i were to uncheck it, it would affect the size and the design of my website? do you mean that? so, wcan i just try to uncheck it 1st, IF there is problem then i check it back?

Yours,
            swee

Comment

The only difference is whether Actinc removes the invisible carriage returns and tab spaces from each line.

It will not affect the layout or interpretation of your page.

Mike
              -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Unchecking Compact HTML/CGI also adds a lot of comments to the generated pages that explain which template is being used to generate each bit of code.

This is great for debugging but makes the pages MUCH bigger (compare some and see) and thus slower to load for the customer.

Having a faster responding site is far more important ( in my opinion of course ) than a neat layout - which no-one other than web browser programs will ever see.

Norman
                Norman - www.drillpine.biz
                Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Working...
                X