Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help me with structure of Template Manager

Hi all,

I am trying to understand the structure of the Actinic software as in those found in "Advanced/template manager" and with that, i thought i could jst copy + paste all the source code on the Dreamweaver. Thinking that it might be able to show me how it looks like with the code pasted there. But it doesn't. There's many codes such as these which i don't understand.

NETQUOTEVAR:SECTIONTREE_NAMES
    NETQUOTEVAR:SECTIONTREE_URLS
    NETQUOTEVAR:SECTIONTREE_IMAGES

What are those for? are they CSS? Is there anyway i can learn what "Main", "section", "other pages" are for? If not, which section would i know how to change that particular one? Anyone please guide me? thank you.

Yours,
    Swee
    Http://www.hst.com.sg

If you have Developer then you should install the Dreamweaver extension.

You then need to use Design > Options > Misc.. and uncheck Compact HTML/CGI.

You cab now generate a preview, copy the address from Internet Explorer and open this address in Dreamwaever. Little Actinic icons will now show you where each template starts and ends.

Usually NETQUOTEVAR is replaced by HTML code when you publish/preview the site
    Owner of a broken heart

Comment

Here is also a LOT of help documentation I suggest you have a look through.

Rather than worrying about all the little variables and templates, get hold of the Designing With Actinic Developer guide. Although it says it covers Developer, all the techniques with templates are applicable to all versions of Actinic.

This document will tell you about 'Overall Layout Templates' (that insert consistent branding and navigation into a page), 'Body Templates' (that larrange elements within the 'Bulk' area) and 'Line Templates' (that insert content into the design e.g. products).

If you want to know more about all the various templates then go to 'Help | Help Topics' in Actinic and look in the 'Index' - it begins with an alphabetical list of all templates. Finally, the Advanced User Guide contains more template tricks and a NETQUOTEVAR dictionary.

Comment

Working...
      X