dynamicly sizing popup - extended windows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dynamicly sizing popup - extended windows

is there a bit of code that makes the popup windows dynamiclly size to the image & text as opposed to setting each. I have different images i.e landscape & Portrait, and is it possible to make the image in/decrease in size in the popup window as you pull it bigger & smaller etc
    Simon Lloyd

Hi Simon

I'm checking on this with my senior colleague and when I have an answer I'll get back to you
    Kiran Chandran
    Technical Support - SellerDeck
    http://www.sellerdeck.co.uk/

Further help can also be found at http://community.sellerdeck.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27

Comment

Has anyone found a way to do this yet?
      Sellerdeck Business Plus 12.0.1.NBLA

Comment

I recall posts on this recently. Did you try searching? "Resize popup" would be a good start.
        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

script for automatic resize

add the script below inbetween the <head></head> of your extended info template (example: Act_ExtendedInfoImageAbove.html):

<script type="text/javascript">
          function setSize()
          {
          db=document.body;
          if (db.scrollHeight>db.offsetHeight)
          {
          H=db.scrollHeight;
          W=db.scrollWidth;
          }
          else
          {
          H=db.offsetHeight;
          W=db.offsetWidth;
          }
          window.resizeTo(W+30,H+100); // + change numbers to add extra pixels to width(W) and height(H)
          self.focus();
          }
          onload=setSize;
          </script>

I also removed the line:
          <Actinic:WINDOW WIDTH="" HEIGHT=""/>
          which can be found at the top of the template just after the opening <head> tag.

An example of the popup can be found at:
          http://www.boxhedge.com/sws/acatalog...ed-Frame.shtml, click on the text link for more info (don't dig too far into the site as I am working on it at the moment so not everthing will be ready for viewing)
          Regards
          Bangers
          Boxhedge New Media Design
          Design and development solutions for SME's.
          Tel: 0118 966 2786
          Examples of work can be found at http://www.boxhedge.com

Comment

Nice use of my Dynamic Product Images patch. Can I put a link to http://www.boxhedge.com/sws/acatalog...ed-Frame.shtml on my download page?
            Norman - www.drillpine.biz
            Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

No worries Norman, I'd be honoured.
              But please could you wait a couple of days until the site is live, pages are functioning properly and the url has changed (so that you don't end up firing people to a redundant URL). I'll let you know when I make the changes
              regards
              Bangers

Comment

Just a quickie,
                In the script I posted I say:
                window.resizeTo(W+30,H+100); // + change numbers to add extra pixels to width(W) and height(H)

In my experience I always need to add +30 in the width just to stop horizontal scrollbars appearing.

Normally I don't have to do this but with the Actinic template I do (there's probably something else I could change within Actinic but this is just as easy), works fine otherwise,
                regards
                lee

Comment

nice but all of what i was after

just happened upon this thread, to notice that what i was originally asking is something similar to say opening a jpg on my kiddies old win98 se laptop where the jpg opens in the i.e. explorer window. The first thing that happens is the picture which was bigger than 800x600 (this is the set screen res)opens full, so the scroll bars appear, then it shrinks to fit that window, if i then make it bigger / smaller the image auto adjusts etc its been around for eons i just dont know how its done thats all thanks for your constructive input banger unlike others!!

thanks
                  si
                  Simon Lloyd

Comment

Call me stupid

But where do I find Act_ExtendedInfoImageAbove.html as I have looked in all my folders and cannot find it. I have also looked under Design Libary, LAyouts and cannot find it.

I created a new layout but that will not work.

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">
                    <html>
                    <head>
                    <title><actinic:variable name="CompanyName" /> <actinic:variable name="ProductName" /></title>

<actinic:variable name="BaseHref" />

<actinic:variable name="MetaTags" />

<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsP3PPolicyUsed%22%20%2f%3e"><link rel="P3Pv1" href="<actinic:variable name="P3PFullPolicyLink" />"></actinic:block>

<link href="actinic.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">
                    <script type="text/javascript">
                    function setSize()
                    {
                    db=document.body;
                    if (db.scrollHeight>db.offsetHeight)
                    {
                    H=db.scrollHeight;
                    W=db.scrollWidth;
                    }
                    else
                    {
                    H=db.offsetHeight;
                    W=db.offsetWidth;
                    }
                    self.focus();
                    }
                    onload=setSize;
                    </script>
                    <actinic:variable name="JavaScriptFunctions" />
                    </head>

<body>

<form method="post" action="<actinic:variable name="OnlineScriptURL" value="Shopping Cart Script URL" />">
                    <input type="hidden" name="SID" value="<Actinic:Variable Name="SectionID"/>" />
                    <input type="hidden" name="PAGE" value="PRODUCT" />
                    <input type="hidden" name="PAGEFILENAME" value="<actinic:variable name="SectionPageName" />" />
                    <Actinic:SECTION BLOB='<Actinic:Variable Name="SectionCatFile"/>'/>
                    <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsHostMode%22%20%2f%3e">
                    <!-- Hidden field when in trial mode -->
                    <input type="hidden" name="SHOP" value="<Actinic:Variable Name="HiddenFields"/>" />
                    </actinic:block>

<table width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="10" border="0">
                    <tr>
                    <td width="25%" align="center" valign="top">
                    <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsExtendedImageSpecified%22%20%2f%3e">
                    <actinic:variable name="ExtendedInformationImage" />
                    </td>
                    <td width="75%" valign="top">
                    <a name="<Actinic:Variable Name="EncodedProductAnchor"/>">
                    <b><Actinic:Variable Name="ProductName"/></b></a>

<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsProductReferenceVisible%22%20%2f%3e" >
                    Ref: <actinic:variable name="ProductReference" />

<br />
                    <actinic:variable name="ExtendedInfoText" />
                    <br />
                    <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22FileURLNotEmpty%22%20%2f%3e">
                    <a href="<Actinic:Variable Name="ProductLinkInfo"/>">
                    <Actinic:Variable Name="ProductLinkText"/>
                    </a>

<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsCustomerMessageUsed%22%20%2f%3e">
                    <br />
                    <Actinic:PRICE_EXPLANATION PROD_REF="<actinic:variable Name="ProductID" />" COMPONENTID=-1><Actinic:Variable Name="RetailCustomerMessage"/></Actinic:PRICE_EXPLANATION>

<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22PriceIsEnabled%22%20%2f%3e">
                    <b>
                    <Actinic:PRICES PROD_REF="<actinic:variable Name="ProductID" />" RETAIL_PRICE_PROMPT="<Actinic:Variable Name="ProductPriceDescription"/>">
                    <actinic:variable name="PriceListRetail" />
                    </Actinic:PRICES>
                    </b>

<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22DiscountDescriptionIsShownForProducts%22%20%2f%3e">
                    <br /><actinic:variable name="DiscountList" value="Standard Discount List" />

<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsOtherInfoPromptShown%22%20%2f%3e">
                    <br />
                    <span class="actrequired"><Actinic:Variable Name="OtherInfoPrompt"/></span><br />
                    <input type="text" name="O_<Actinic:Variable Name="ProductID"/>" size="40" maxlength="1000" value="" />

<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsDatePromptShown%22%20%2f%3e">
                    <br />
                    <span class="actrequired"><actinic:variable name="DatePrompt"/></span><br />
                    <actinic:variable name="DayList" /><actinic:variable name="MonthList" /><actinic:variable name="YearList" />

<actinic:variable name="AttributeList" />
                    <actinic:variable name="ComponentList" />

<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsQuantityPromptShown%22%20%2f%3e">
                    <br />
                    <span class="actrequired"><Actinic:Variable Name="QuantityPrompt"/></span>
                    &nbsp;
                    <input type="text" name="Q_<Actinic:Variable Name="ProductID"/>" size="4" value="<Actinic:Variable Name="DefaultQuantity"/>" />
                    <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsQuantityPromptHidden%22%20%2f%3e">
                    <input type="hidden" name="Q_<actinic:variable Name="ProductID"/>" value="<actinic:variable name="DefaultQuantity"/>" />

<br /><actinic:variable name="CartError" />

<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsAddToCartButtonShown%22%20%2f%3e">
                    <br /><actinic:variable name="AddToCartButton" />

<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsOutOfStockShown%22%20%2f%3e">
                    <br /><br /><strong><span class="actrequired"><br /><Actinic:Variable Name="OutOfStock"/></span></strong>

<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsCatalogSuspendedShown%22%20%2f%3e">
                    <br /><br /><strong><span class="actrequired"><Actinic:Variable Name="CatalogSuspended"/></span></strong>

<actinic:variable name="ProductAlsoBoughtList" />

<actinic:variable name="ProductRelatedProductsList" />

<actinic:block if="%28%28%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22RecentlyViewedListIsEnabled%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20True%29%20AND%20%28%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22AddRecentFromExtInfoIsEnabled%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20True%29%29" >
                    <actinic:variable name="SaveRecentProducts" />
                    </td>
                    </tr>
                    </table>

</form>
                    <actinic:variable name="GoogleAnalyticsMarkup" value="Google Analytics Tracking Code" />
                    </body>
                    </html>

Any Ideas??

Neil

Comment

If you are using v8 or later, you will not find a file with that name, this is a v7 and earlier forum.

Comment

Wow! You're kidding right? This was a v7 or earlier patch.
                        Me think you are v8 or above.

Design>Libary>Layouts>Extended Info Layout>Choose the layout you are using

or better still create a new layout based on one in the libary and then link to it.

Regards
                        Bangers

Comment

correct v10, I just did a search for this topic in the forum, didn't even look where it was!?

i did create a new layout but it seems not to work, layout is as per post above.

Comment

looks like its working now!?

http://gparts.co.uk/acatalog/GParts_...-_Jackets.html

Comment

okay it working in height but not width?

Comment

Working...
                              X