Digital Download + Quantity in Cart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Digital Download + Quantity in Cart

I've a store which is set up to have 1 product available for digital download.

The default is set in Actinic for a DD item to always have a maximum orderable quantity of 1.

This is all fine and dandy until a second one is added to the cart and the standard error message of
    Quantity: The maximum quantity allowed to be ordered for this product is 1.
    How can I enable the 'Product Quantity in Cart' here so that the customer can reduce the amount to 1? - the current system requires the user to remove the items from the cart and then re-add them.
    Thanks

Jos Medinger

Tel : 01978 843 962
    www.internetology.co.uk
    Actinic / E-Commerce Hosting, Design & SEO

Sorry, as an adendum to that message...

If I add another non-DD item to the catalog - the quantity in cart element displays fine.

Surely there must be a better way to amend the number of DD items you are ordering?

Jos
    Thanks

Jos Medinger

www.internetology.co.uk

Comment

What 'shopping mode' are you using? If you have a shopping mode of 'Quantity in Shopping Cart' then customers will be shown an editable shopping cart as soon as they add to cart - and can make any necessary edits.

Shopping mode is set for the entire store in 'Design | Options | Shop Defaults' and for an individual section in the 'Layout' tab of a section.

Comment

Hi Chris

There's only going to be one product in the store - a digitally downloadable e-book therefore there's no sections - just the one product.

The shopping mode set is 'Quantity in Shopping Cart' in the 'Design | Options | Shop Defaults' area.

To test this I added another product which is a regualr item (i.e. non-DD) and added one of each to the cart. On doing this, the cart displays an editable quantity for the non DD item but not for the DD item

You can try it for yourself here. Just add one item of each product and then go back and add a second copy of the book and you'll see what I mean.

Cheers

Jos
        Thanks

Jos Medinger

www.internetology.co.uk

Comment

This one has stumped me.

I will have a word with the development team and get back to you.

Comment

Its the same for me, it seems you (as a customer) are limited to a single "copy" of any DD product.

Comment

I have a solution for you....

In your Site1 folder, open ActinicOrder.pm in Notepad and search for MIN_QUANTITY_ORDERABLE. You will highlight the line...
              Code:
              		if ($$pProduct {"MIN_QUANTITY_ORDERABLE"} != $$pProduct{"MAX_QUANTITY_ORDERABLE"} &&  # The quantity might change
              			 $bIncludeButtons)
              Change it to read:
              Code:
              		if ( # $$pProduct {"MIN_QUANTITY_ORDERABLE"} != $$pProduct{"MAX_QUANTITY_ORDERABLE"} &&  The quantity might change
              			 $bIncludeButtons)
              i.e. move the # just after the first bracket.

You will now always get a text field in the shopping cart.

Comment

Thanks very much for this Chris

Is this also going to be included as a permanent fix ion the next patch -I would certainly recommend it!

Cheers

Jos
                Thanks

Jos Medinger

www.internetology.co.uk

Comment

Yes, it will be.

Comment

Working...
                  X