Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crystal Reports - basic question

Help!
    I am trying to create my very first Crystal Report for Actinic.
    To begin with, I simply want to list values in one field on the Order table.

Using the Report Expert, I have selected the Database 'ActinicCatalog7' and the Order table.

In Fields, I have selected only the Order Number.

I try to preview, and get the error message:

ODBC error: syntax error in ORDER BY clause

I seem to be missing something very basic.... and it is NOT obvious.

I can select any of the Actinic-supplied reports and preview them in Crystal Reports.... but cannot seem to make the basic connection to the database from my new report.

What am I missing?
    Eileen Eby
    http://www.wildbirdfood.uk.com

Crystal creates a SQL statement using the fields in your report, you cannot use the word order in a SQL statement as a table name, but Actinic has a table called order so you have to set an alias for the order table (Actinic tend to use Orders as the alias) - do this from the database menu using the 'set alias' option.

Regards,
    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
    Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
    A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
    Product Mash for Sellerdeck
    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
    Multichannel order processing
    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Thanks ever so much, Jan ...

I was really pulling my hair out over that... it wasted me most of an entire day. I just KNEW it had to be something simple. Sigh.

I tried what you said and BINGO - it burst into life.

Many thanks.

Now I can do what I really wanted to do: play with subreports and functions!

Have a great weekend.
      Eileen Eby
      http://www.wildbirdfood.uk.com

Comment

Working...
      X