Reconciling Sales Reports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reconciling Sales Reports

I have been reading the postings to the forum and would like some help with reconciling the sales reports.

I always have more money received than I can report as sales.

I have tried many different ways to analyse the orders and connot decide where the problem is.

I can see that I need to use the Date ordered to get the right sales figure for a day but refunds are giving me a headache!

I am reduced to insisting all refunds are handled outside Actinic in an attempt to log them properly. This still has not solved the historical problem. Has anyone else had the same experience?

I always have more money received than I can report as sales
    The thing that used to cause us confusion was orders we never fulfilled (fraud attempts and so on). Using Pre Authorised payments help this immensely
    Owner of a broken heart

Comment

Digging Deeper

I have looked at the Sales reports within Actinic and have tried to receate the figures from the Orders Table data for the same period. None of the figures are close enough. I have picked up the 'sub heaading' 'discount' 'shipping total' 'tax total' and they almost add up to 'order total'. The figures included are the adjusted figures for changes to the orginal order which could be posted days/months later than the original order.

The sales analysis reports show a smaller sales figure than the Tax analysis. I cannot prove why the differences occur. What do I tell the VAT Inspector or the accountant?

How do I know how much I should be receiving?

Comment

The actual values in the Sales Analysis depends on which part of the report you are referring to -

The 'Order Total Cost' field in the 'Orders' table is used for the 'Sales by Customer' part of the report, but the 'TotalCost' field in the 'Order Details' table is used for the 'Product' part.

The biggest thing to be sure of is that you have got the correct checkboxes selected in the 'More Options' window of the Sales Analysis.

I suggest you register a support query at http://www.actinic.co.uk/support/register.htm as I think people will need to experiment with your reports to give you a definitive answer.

Comment

Working...
        X