Actinic with Customer Upload?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actinic with Customer Upload?

We have a website where our customers can order a knitted sweater, pillow, etc. that is knit with their photograph. Equally, on our main site we have a doggie birthday cake where customers can put a photograph of their dog on the top of the cake.

In both cases, customers need to upload image files to us. It's a bit like selling a download --- only exactly reversed.

Our Fotoknit.com order form was created in FrontPage, and did not provide the facility to send us payment. We are moving away from FrontPage, so are trying to find a replacement for the FrontPage extensions. The order form is at www.fotoknit.com.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to use Actinic to accept the customer's details and method of payment AND to provide the customer a facility for uploading their photograph (or even e-mailing it to us)?

Suggestions, comments, advice would be most welcome. Thanks!
    Last edited by Craig Walsh; 16-Jul-2004, 03:37 PM. Reason: Made a Mistake --- Haste Makes Waste....
    <b>Craig W. Walsh
    Lucies Farm Ltd. -- Home of Scottish | Kobe Beef
    www.luciesfarm.co.uk
    </b>

No solution

However I am looking to do exactly the same for a client of mine .. If you find a soloution let me know .. there is a thread I started earlier in Version 7 Threads and somebody has replied .. But it's late and I haven't looked deeper in to it yet ..

Please if you find out keep me updated
    s a b b i e t a g e d

(*^_^*)

A wise Monkey never monkies with another Monkies Monkey ..

Comment

Question about Newsletter

Hi, Sabbie ---

I certainly will. Can I please ask you another question. I note that you have a feature to sign up for a newsletter at: http://www.buymethatnow.com/acatalog/mailing_list.html

Did you do that with Actinic, or with something else? I ask because we're trying to do roughly the same thing, but using something called PHP List. It seems to be fine software, but the integration seems gnarly.

Thanks for your assistance.

Craig
      <b>Craig W. Walsh
      www.luciesfarm.co.uk
      </b>

Comment

Upload Images

Hi,

Just looked at the posting on the V 7 site. The reply you received does not seem to address the question, or so I think. I looked at the sites he mentioned, and they seem to be sites that provide upload facilities to them. As I understand it, you (and I) want to provide upload facilities for our own customers to upload things to us.

I know you can do this with FrontPage (and FrontPage server extensions) because we did it. But of course that doesn't solve the problem of payment.

I'm looking (ideally) for a solution within Actinic.

Thanks,

Craig
        <b>Craig W. Walsh
        www.luciesfarm.co.uk
        </b>

Comment

Mailing list

Hiya

The mailing list is php, but just to collect the data .. it then gets emailed to me from there I put it manually in to an access database I have made for the addies

I was going to make a mysql database to hold information but like to use mail merge ..
          s a b b i e t a g e d

(*^_^*)

Comment

just to add ..

the form and the php page are all made in dw .. and I then cnp the html/php in the to body of a actinic made page .. giving my php page the php extention in Actinic ..

soz its b4 8am and I am a bit sleepy still .. soz if I am being vauge .. if you need help contact me
            s a b b i e t a g e d

(*^_^*)

Comment

Customer Uploads

Thanks for the information about the mailing list. We are now experimenting with the free PHPList software --- so far, so good.

But I still haven't found a way to give our customers the ability to upload a photograph as part of the ordering process in Actinic --- my original posting.

My quest continues.....

Thanks,

Craig
              <b>Craig W. Walsh
              www.luciesfarm.co.uk
              </b>

Comment

Which PHP List software?

Hiya ..

which software are you using ?

I still have no answer to the photo thing either
                s a b b i e t a g e d

(*^_^*)

Comment

PHP List

Hi,

I am using (or, more accurately, starting to use) PHPList software from Tincan. The software is free, and there seems to be quite an active support forum.

We've created a sign-up page from their template. It requires e-mail verification of subscription to mailing list, offers automatic renewal features, etc. I am in the process of sanitizing our current e-mail lists --- removing dead, out-of-date e-mail addresses --- and then plan to e-mail everyone once, reminding them that they subscribed to our newsletter at one time, and asking them to please re-confirm that they wish to continue to receive our (infrequent) newsletter mailings.

With current spam blockers, however, I suspect many messages will get trapped. We find that even messages we personally do wish to receive can be blocked, incorrectly, by spam filters.

Regards,

Craig
                  <b>Craig W. Walsh
                  www.luciesfarm.co.uk
                  </b>

Comment

Working...
                  X