Crystal Reports and Reports.ini

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crystal Reports and Reports.ini

Has anyone got a "cheat sheet" for creating new reports and linking them into Actinic?

I think my main question just now is: How do I reference the Reports.ini fields 'FromDate' and 'ToDate' from my Crystal Report?

I've created a basic report, which works with the date range specified in the FromDate and ToDate and ExtraConditions entered in Reports.ini, but when I attempt to create a summary sub report, it is summarising all data... not the subset used in the main report.

I have also tried to copy the @ReportDates field from the standard Actinic reports, but don't seem to be getting any data in @FromDate or @ToDate ... it seems to correspond to the fact that my summary subreport is summarising everything. The output of @ReportDates is: "For All Orders".

in confusion....
    Eileen Eby
    http://www.wildbirdfood.uk.com

You have to link a field from the main report to the subreport (right click on the subreport and choose change subreport links) and then only those fields will be included in the subreport.

Regards,
    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
    Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
    A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
    Product Mash for Sellerdeck
    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
    Multichannel order processing
    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Hi Jan,
      thanks for the info on using the links.
      I've now got the subreport showing the proper info....

which just leaves the date weirdness.
      How do I refer to the FromDate and ToDate from Reports.ini?

the formula @FromDate in the reports shipped with Actinic is defined as:

// This date is set by the application
      ""

It is very nice of you to be logged on today!
      Eileen Eby

Comment

In V6 you have to set ReportToDate to the to date and ReportFromDate to the from date and then it will all work as if by magic.

In V5 you have to RToDate to the to date and FromDate to the from date.

Sorry about the confusion caused there, I get a bit confused with these dates sometime.

Regards,
        Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
        Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
        A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
        Product Mash for Sellerdeck
        Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
        Multichannel order processing
        Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Thanks very much, Jan..

To summarise:
          the dates are defined in Reports.ini as

FromDate="Select &From:"
          ToDate="Select &To:"

In your Crystal Report, do NOT try to use the Actinic reports as a model for the date handling in your custom report.

Instead, you will should set up two null fields:
          @ReportFromDate
          @ReportToDate

You may then use these date fields in your report.

The dates are provided in the format 'dd mmmm yyyy' ie 31/12/2003 is passed to your report as '31 December 2003'.

cheers,
          Eileen Eby

Comment

Working...
          X