Printing orders containing other info fields

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Printing orders containing other info fields

I have installed Norman Rouxel's excellent multiple other info field work around to take in information from up to 6 fields for our membership sales.
    http://www.shopbmw.co.uk
    This works great in every respect except one (according to our staff).
    When printing out orders, the other info fields do not appear on the order.
    I have spoken to Norman, and he says that they should.

They do appear on the orders screen, but not on the print out I am told.
    They do appear on the customer email, which has no print out facility, so we have a copy email sent to our address using the facility in business settings, and print it from our email client. The machine in question is using Windows 98, and may not have the latest browser, if this is important.

Has anyone else using this work around got the same problem? Or is there a way of printing the report with multiple other info fields that our staff have not discovered?

Why do we need to print it out? Because the current database into which the info gets put is a DOS one with no paste facility.

For reference, I am over 200 miles from the office.

Things to try:-

I'd create a test product using a "Normal" Other Info prompt and see if that prints out OK 1st. If it does then you may have got the patch (to OrderScript.pl) wrong.

You can use the original OrdersScript.pl ( there's a copy in C:\Program Files\Actinic Ecommerce v6\Original ) which should work OK with the multiple other info patch but it won't split your data over several lines on the reports or customer e-mail.

If your data starts appearing then it looks like you've made an error in patching OrderScript.pl.

Norman
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Thanks Norman, I will try that.
      Last edited by Howard Walker; 18-Jul-2004, 09:27 PM. Reason: fingers typing before brain in gear as usual.

Comment

Thanks Norman - fixed it

After checking all the code about three times, sending snapshots for upload at our office,the source of the problem was sourced. (took 3 days of my time)

Our office has a screen with low resolution, and the button on it that prints the full information (data entry under reprint packing lists) was somewhere beneath the operators desk, so she could not see it.
        When found, all worked as should.

So be aware, additional information prompts appear on emails and other places on screen, but as far as I am aware, there is only one place to print them out. The data entry report.

Unless you know better?

Sorry for wasting your time Norman - your script is perfect.

Comment

Working...
        X