Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiple Currency

Anyone know a work around?

Although we can show a second currency, calculate at predefined ROE and display on site next to primary currency...

Many of us I'm sure trade in Europe and hence the requirement to show prices in Euros as well as Sterling is essential. However, as your primary currency sales price is likely set at £__.99 for visual "niceness" etc the ROE will probably return your secondary currency price as an "ugly" figure such as $__.58 which is an obvious conversion.

In business I'd say that a currency column should be available for price schedules, so you could set a price for example as £9.99 and $17.99 where such payment data would be carried into Sage, Books and indeed your merchant provider.

Nice and clean, looks professional...

Yes we know you could install a second copy and re-do your prices after transposing the data file, but that's not ideal, an extra cost and a monster if using Link.

Ok, rambling....

(1) Anyone think of a solution or are you doing this already?
    (2) Possibility for future version?

Hi

If I have understood your query correctly, you wish to have two main prices for your products.

This is not possible in Actinic as the software uses only one price as the basis for the actual transaction, and there is an option to display this price in an alternate currency (In Design | Options | Miscellaneous).

Cheers
    Krithika Chandrasekar
    SellerDeck

sigpic

E-commerce software by SellerDeck

Comment

Almost...

Two main prices but in different primary currencies...

Comment

This is definitely not possible. Actinic can only have one main price per product - and that is the price that the product will be charged at.

Comment

3 Currencies

It seems to me that if your in the UK, USA/Europe must be any UK company's biggest markets and you really would/should want to display GBP, USD and Euros, is this planned for any future releases ?

Comment

I have this problem at the moment - my client wants to sell in euros and dollars as well as £s but at fixed prices, not converted. I guess the only solution is to buy three shops at the moment?

Maybe the other way is to set up duplicate products for other countries but tweak the GBP price to give the right price in € or $ - but very time intensive.
            seo company: web development - online marketing - actinic ecommerce

Comment

This can be done but would involve some Perl patching as well a a bit of JavaScript on the product price template. Contact me by e-mail if you'd like a quote.

Norman
              Norman - www.drillpine.biz
              Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

RE Curreencies and Languages

I have exactly the same requirement. Unfortuantely I suspect the core structure of the Product (I use V6 Business) cannot support the Business requirement of an ever demanding Customer base. Just Trading in the UK is insufficient now.

I *need* one European wide site, multi-lingual and multi currency....it's free in [competitor name removed by moderator]!

I don't have time to play with file settings/ links / multiple site updates...also each site needs an IP address...so if my Swedish Customer wants to Order in English and pay in Euros...how does he find my site !

Think Actinic need to seriously consider this trend and Business Requirement...it also opens a whole new sales market for them !
                Thanks

Anthony Kudzin

Comment

Thanks for the feedback Anthony. I have passed it onto the rest of the team.

Comment

Working...
                  X