Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Backup/Close Catalogue

Hi,

Someone please tell me how can i close the ACTINIC catalogue? when i clicked the Close icon, it prompt me with some options, "backup database", "snapshot", "close without bkup". As for now,i would want to close the program safely and do some daily backing up but then, everytime i try to backup with database or snapshot- my entire program would hang (not repsonding). I'm really worried that anytime i dont save the program safely,my entire site would be in trouble.Can someone kind, please provide me with some solutions. Thank you very much.

yours,
    Ljl

The best way to back up is to use an backup facility (eg backup to tape using the backup system that is provided with the operating system on your PC) that is not part of Actinic to perform daily and weekly backups of your computer (because the Actinic backups overwrites the last one unless you go in and change the filename). If you then run a snapshot every now and again that will be backed up for you.

You can modify the Actinic backup settings in housekeeping / backup / shutdown backup options.

Regards,
    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
    Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
    A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
    Product Mash for Sellerdeck
    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
    Multichannel order processing
    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

But i would like to make use of the facility by from the Actnic software? yup, i knwo about the option to choose if i want to backup daily/weekly or etc. but Now, problems lies with i cant even back up? its hanging? do i need to close any program or etc? What can the problem be like? i really really dnt get it..

yours ljl

Comment

What backup option have you chosen from Actinic?

What happens when you close Actinic?

Regards,
        Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
        Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
        A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
        Product Mash for Sellerdeck
        Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
        Multichannel order processing
        Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Its always Hangs. <Not responding> anymore. therefore, the catalogue program would close by itself. Sigh... how can i solve it?

Comment

Does Actinic hang when you click 'Exit without Backup'? If it does, then it may be a problem with the whole Actinic installation not being happy on your operating system. If it doesn't then it gives us more options.

Go to 'Housekeeping | Backup | Sutdown Backup Options'. What path is in the 'Backups Folder' field? Is it a valid path on your PC? Try clicking 'Browse' and selecting another location.

You say Actinic also hangs when you click 'Snapshot'. Does it also hang when you go to 'File | Snapshot | Export Site'?

Comment

I oso have such a problems.
              Http://www.hst.com.sg

Comment

There are no problems when i try to "close wtihout backUp" but when i try to "backup database/snapshot or even the "file/snapshot/export"..all methods can't work. It just went "not responding".

yours,
                ljl

Comment

I have never heard of people having problems with this before.
                  Go to 'Housekeeping | Backup | Sutdown Backup Options'. What path is in the 'Backups Folder' field? Is it a valid path on your PC? Try clicking 'Browse' and selecting another location.
                  Still awaiting an answer for this.

Comment

Working...
                  X