Snapshot problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Snapshot problems

For some reason when a try to use a snapshot I keep getting a message saying that its has been aborted, anybody had the same thing if so how do you fix it?
    I have no signature

hey,

Mine was hang -Not resondingg. Then they close the actinic program too. I'm too seeking help here.. did u try to back up database? was it the same?

Ps. I dont kow how to solve. I am encountering the same problem as u

yours,
    ljl

Comment

Mine was fine

Mine has been fine for months but now nothing, it has been suggested before just do take a copy of your site 1 folder and use this, but I figure it use to work I like backing up that way so lets try and fix it!
      I have no signature

Comment

haha, you mean save another copy of SITE1 FOLDER in a softcopies? then what about those in your database? Can you "backup Database". Mine also alright in the past..suddenly, cannot back up. Sigh,..Can someone help us!!!

Comment

What's changed since it was working?

Have you upgraded recently and what version are you using. 6.1.5?

ljl, Chris sugegsted trying a different path for the backup/snapshot. have you tried that yet?

Mike
          -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

snapshot

It appears to have started since I downloaded the following which was from a different problem I had, but I cant be sure.

I think the problem is that computers using Norton Internet Security get returned to http://www.wazoola.co.uk/acatalog/ after adding to cart etc. - rather than the last page they were on before going to the shopping cart.

This issue is addressed in 6.1.4 so I would suggest upgrading to that from http://www.actinicdownloads.com/v6/

Chris Dicken
            Actinic Software
            I have no signature

Comment

C:\Program Files\Actinic Ecommerce v6\SiteBackups\test.acd

This is how i have saved my backup here and then i try another saving at just c:\ and desktop. They can' be saved. Their result would be "Not responding". Then, i can only close the Actinic Software with "alt + Ctrl +Del". Would it spoil my software if i were close it this way?! someone please tell me what i should do..

Ps. Thomas, has your problem solved? If you know how to solve, do tell me, Thank you =(

Yours,
              ljl

Comment

Problem Solved

ljl

I am in the process of changing my site to get better search engine listings so spent yesterday afternoon getting rid of pages that I no longer used and tidying up the site in general making sure that all pages link as they should etc, tried a snapsot today and bingo!

Have you added or changed much lately, what I was doing was being lazy and adding a page, then a sub page etc and it was untidy. I can't say this fixed the problem but before I could not take a snapshot and today I can.

Good luck
                I have no signature

Comment

Congratulation Thomas. But i cant.. =( and my site doesn't need any tidying wor..it looks alright. but i dont know why... it just can't Can't cant~~~~snapshot. God bless me that it doesn't corrupt my file..

Comment

Relax.

I have some things for you to try but I want you to be very careful and follow my instructions exactly.

Assuming your site is not live and taking orders yet, I suggest you copy your entire 'Sites\Site1' folder somewhere safe (e.g. onto a network drive) and then uninstall and re-install Actinic v7 on your PC.

When Actinic is installed again, start it up so you get the default store. Then just try a snapshot from the default store and see if it works. If it does work, then your problem is with your specific Actinic data. If it doesn't work then you have a wider problem on your PC.

Then close Actinic and copy your backed-up Site1 folder over the top of the new Site1 folder (in the new installation) and then start Actinic. You should then see your data you have been working on.

Try the snapshot again.

By the way, you still haven't told me what you have in the 'Backups Folder' field in 'Housekeeping | Backup | Shutdown Backup Options...' screen.

Comment

Working...
                    X