siteroot_index

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

siteroot_index

I have recently completed a dreamweaver course which has enabled me to build a better index page than I had before, my question is the siteroot_index.html page is if I understand correctly the first page of my site do I just copy my index.htm page made in dreamweaver into my site 1 folder but rename it siteroot_index.html ?
    I have no signature

Hi Thomas

You are right about copying the file into the Site 1 folder, but there shouldn't be any need to rename it. If it is referenced and uploaded correctly, it should work absolutely fine.

Please do remember to untick 'Use as Website Home Page' in the Page Properties, when you double click on the default Home Page in Actinic.

Hope this helps.

Cheers
    Krithika Chandrasekar
    SellerDeck

sigpic

E-commerce software by SellerDeck

Comment

design options

Krithika

In design options under the tab Miscellanous I have three radio buttons under the heading home page link (1) Home (2) Brochure (3) url currently option (2) is chosen is this correct?
      I have no signature

Comment

Option 2 will work fine.

The theory behind it is, if you select None, it directly uploads the shop pages without the Brochure page, and removes the link to it as well. Selecting 'Brochure' displays the button and points it to your main Brochure page. Selecting 'URL' allows you to specify a home page anywhere on the Internet.
        Both second and third options will work fine as long as the correct URL is specified in the latter.

Hope this helps.

Cheers
        Krithika Chandrasekar
        SellerDeck

sigpic

E-commerce software by SellerDeck

Comment

Thanks for help

Thanks for help!
          I have no signature

Comment

The only other thing to remember is that when you refresh your website, you may be asked (I think) if you want to upload the Actinic "index" over your D'weaver one. Just say "No".

(Good advice for life, huh??)

Best - James
            James Gladwin

Comment

Working...
            X