Brochure Page Navigation :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brochure Page Navigation :(

Im trying to include the top section navigation on my brochure home page. No matter what I try it just wont work. Ive been trying various solutions found around this forum for over 2 hours now and still nothing. The page just doesnt seem to want to replace the NETQUOTEVAR:TOPLEVELSECTIONS_RAW with anything, it just returns it as a line of text.

Can anyone talk me through exactly what I should do to achieve this, please

Sorry to hijack your post but I have a very similar problem. I just want to add the sitemap. That is all...just the sitemap link to the index page. At the moment I show link to my catalog and to another brochure page but not the sitemap. I only see the sitemap link when I am in the catalog.

Simon

Comment

Me too. i thought i would be alright. My sitemap is also located at the part in the catalogue. maybe u would like to try this., on my site and tell me if its the same situation as mine?

Enter : www.hst.com.sg
      Then Click: Online Store
      Then you will find: site map.

Yours,
      Swee
      Http://www.hst.com.sg

Comment

Swee,
        I got to your site map it looked ok apart from the fact its not very discriptive.

Nice looking site.
        Justin Rowe
        Shiver

Comment

Originally posted by Wullie
          Im trying to include the top section navigation on my brochure home page. No matter what I try it just wont work. Ive been trying various solutions found around this forum for over 2 hours now and still nothing. The page just doesnt seem to want to replace the NETQUOTEVAR:TOPLEVELSECTIONS_RAW with anything, it just returns it as a line of text.

Can anyone talk me through exactly what I should do to achieve this, please
          Hi Wullie

Sorry your post appears to have been rather hi-jacked I'll try and deal with your problem - and it may help other people as well.

First of all , you need to place the following code within Act_Primary.html just under the line that says <SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript" SRC="actinicextras.js" TYPE="text/javascript"></SCRIPT>:
          Code:
          <!--@act NETQUOTEVAR:TOPLEVELSECTIONS_RAW -->
          Then open Act_BrochurePrimary.html.

Just underneath the line that reads: <SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript" SRC="actiniccore.js" TYPE="text/javascript"></SCRIPT> you need to enter the following code:
          Code:
          <SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript" SRC="actinicextras.js" TYPE="text/javascript"></SCRIPT>
          <SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript" SRC="Act_Sections.js" TYPE="text/javascript"></SCRIPT>

<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript" TYPE="text/javascript">
          <!--
          function YahooSections(ar)
          {
          var strIDs = '';
          for (var i=1;i<=ar.length;i++)
            {
            if (ar[i].sURL != null)
              {
              strIDs += '<a href="' + ar[i].sURL + '"><span class="actxxsmall"><b><font color="NETQUOTEVAR:FGCOLORCSS">' + ar[i].sName + '</font></b></span></a><br>';
                {
                if (ar[i].pChild)
                  {
                  for (var j=1;j<=ar[i].pChild.length;j++)
                    {
                    if (ar[i].pChild[j].sURL != null)
                      {
                      strIDs += '<a href="' + ar[i].pChild[j].sURL + '"><span class="actxxsmall"><font color="NETQUOTEVAR:FGCOLORCSS">' + ar[i].pChild[j].sName + '</font></span></a><br>';
                      }
                    }
                  }
                }
              strIDs += '<br>'
              }
            }
          return strIDs
          }
          //-->
          </SCRIPT>
          Then place the following code where you want the list of sections to appear...
          Code:
          <script language=Javascript1.1>document.write(SectionList(sections))</script>
          i.e. in place of the NETQUOTEVAR:TOPLEVELSECTIONSTOP you have been playing with.

That should do it.

If you look in the Advanced User Guide you will see how you can vary this to include sub-sections.

Comment

Working...
          X