Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

preventing 'over design'?

Hi all

What would be really good would be a means of switching off non-Catalog features in Developer, on a site by site basis. I am developing one site at the moment using Developer, which will be a Catalog installation. If there was a switch on the site manager dialog perhaps that allowed you to turn off everthing that wouldn't be available in Catalog (or Business?) you wouldn't have to worry about whether the site will work once it's deployed.

Unless I've missed it (very possible!) this can't be done at the moment - any chance of incorporating into the next patch??

I suppose I could always develop in Catalog, but we haven't purchased the licence for the client yet, and that negates the Dreamweaver integration benefits and raison d'etre of Developer anyway.

Thanks, Dan
    adaptive-image.co.uk

Hi Dan,

If you are using Developer then all you need to do when deploying the site is to go to the 'Developer' tab in Actinic, it has a single choice 'Deploy Site Snapshot' if you go through this process it will allow you to restrict the functionality as per your need.

Hope this helps,

Cheers,
    Bruce King
    SellerDeck

Comment

Thanks Bruce,

But what if I've already designed the site and inadvertently included some functionality eg Product Groups, Custom Var search etc, then discover that the functions will not be available when deployed. If I could switch off those functions in Developer, when I start on the site Design, I could be sure that any features not available in Catalog would not be available to me to 'accidentally' include.

Dan
      adaptive-image.co.uk

Comment

Hi Dan,

In that case Go to View | Business Settings | Options ... and under 'Allow on this PC' you can tick the options you want right from scratch.

Cheers,
        Bruce King
        SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
        X