What happened to my old photos then?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What happened to my old photos then?

OK, not sure if this is a bug of V6 is supposed to do this!
    My Chariots On Hire stock images (V6.1.3) are stored in a folder called (imaginatively!) "Stock" in my site1 folder.
    Some of them, however, have gone missing!
    All stock which has been deleted and purged has had it's correspsonding photo removed from the stock folder in site1. (luckily, it seems to only be stock of which there was only one in the first place, items that I had more than one of still have their photos present!)
    So, I have a load of photos missing, of my sold and purged stock. Big PITA as I've been restocking some of it and I now have no photos (am having to track down those elusive old backup CDs! I don't backup to CD as often now, I do a snapshot every night but this, obviously has the photos missing too!)
    So, is it supposed to delete the photos like this?
    It definitely has done as the only missing photos are sold and purged stock (had to compact the database after too as it really didn't like the deletion process!)
    So, Actinic, is this a deliberate process? If it is, it's not very clever!
    Cheers
    Tracey
    Tracey

Hi Tracey

When you delete and/or purge a product and then create a snapshot, Actinic, not finding any reference to the images in question, does not include them in the exported snapshot. I tried this at my end and was able to replicate the issue.

The only option for you would be I guess, to create back-ups of the section, and/or product images, so as to avoid having to look for them in the archives. :-)

Hope this helps.

Cheers
    Krithika Chandrasekar
    SellerDeck

sigpic

E-commerce software by SellerDeck

Comment

Right, yes, I can see how that would happen.
      So, when I've purged etc and then done my nightly snapshot, it hasn't backed up any of that information in the snapshot of site1.
      So, if I've, since then imported a snapshot (which I may well have done as we've had a new PC since) it's got those photos totally missing..
      Hmmmm....might have to start backing up stock photos onto CD befor purging, in future!
      Thanks for that.
      Tracey
      Tracey

Comment

Working...
      X