Stock levels on a product with components

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stock levels on a product with components

I can't get my brain around what is happening here...

I have a Product.... let's call it "Compendium Set"
    It has a price of £45.00
    I have given it 19 components, each of which are other individual products.
    (and as components I am not using their prices, and "Compendium set" has its own price)

As expected.... ordering "Compendium Set" produces the correct order, which contains all the components. It charges £45.00 as it should.

All OK so far..... but the problem arises in stock levels.

I am not using Actinic's stock control - stock monitoring is off on all products and I am transferring that order into Sage using Actinic Link.

The order in Sage shows:

Compendium 1
    component1 1
    component2 1
    and so on.

Therefore there are stock level problems.... "Compendium Set" needs to be zero, and each of the components as 1.

How can I make Actinic/Sage not count the "Compendium Set" as 1 ?

(I suppose that the same problem would occur if we were using stock control in Actinic, but which could be overcome by switching stock control off for the "compendium" and leaving it on for the components). Our problem is that we use Sage to do the stock control and create shortfall lists daily.

Rod
    Old and rare books on CD for Historians and Genealogists

Hi Rod,

I have a Product.... let's call it "Compendium Set".
    Ordering "Compendium Set" produces the correct order, which contains all the components. It charges £45.00 as it should.
    How can I make Actinic/Sage not count the "Compendium Set" as 1 ?
    It seems that you have ordered the Product "Compendium Set" (which contains all the 19 components), but the stock level for "Compendium Set" decreases by 1. Am I right?

That is how it is intended to work. Since you have "Compendium Set" as a separate product, when ordered, it would decrease the stock level.

In order to determine more on this issue, could you please post your Website URL? (with those test Products and Components uploaded)

Cheers,
    Cheers,
    Suresh Babu G

Comment

Working...
    X