Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

back links?

Hello again

I find in a few sites that use Actinic when i view their back links some have many links within their own site (to all pages) which gives them a high backlink quota, my question is do search engines recognise these as individual backlinks? and why do they show on some sites and not others? and if yes to both how can i achieve these backlinks? in think at present (maybe wrong) that all pages are linked to home anyway?

Thanks

Paul

In Google the pagerank of a page is based on both internal and external links to that page.

When you check backlinks on Google they only show backlinks from pages that have a pagerank of at least ~ 4-5. Pages with a lot of internal backlinks showing just have lots of pages with a high pagerank linking to them which is why they show up as backlinks.

It is important to link internally within your site as that does boost the pagerank of internal pages. At the very least you should have link to your sitemap on the frontpage and then hardcode links to the key pages you want to rank well on. One way of doing this is to have a direct link to your section pages (or whatever) on the bottom of each page.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Backlinks

Potto

Actinic is very SEO friendly and with our site it has pick up most of the relevant pages, but it is very much upto the search engines how they index the pages, for example in my early days I would give the page a title as the keyword I was trying to promote, but the title had no link with the page text ie the page title was "Children's bathrobes" but the page was for copyright information and infact I never got round to filling in the copyright page and this blank page ranked highly for the keyword but had no keywords in it.

Which proves page title is important! as long as your site has a good site map and is spiderable you should have no problems.

Ps A note for the board admin is there any chance of adding a spellchecker to the site as with some other forums as I am when it comes to spelling?
      I have no signature

Comment

Ps A note for the board admin is there any chance of adding a spellchecker to the site as with some other forums as I am when it comes to spelling?
        Sadly this is not a feature of vBulletin. If I am doing a long post I will often write it in Word first and then copy it in to a thread.

You are now able to edit your own posts indefinitely if you spot a pesky error.

Comment

Working...
        X