Error adding to cart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error adding to cart

There's a problem adding items to the cart in a site I'm designing in Buisness 7.0.1 at http://www.all-unied.com/acatalog/Test.html - the error message "Error: Mallformed XML cart template (missing ODLine)" appears.

I've seen this error message mentioned in other posts and the fix was to copy new Act_OrderDetails.html and Act_ShoppingCartXML.html files from '/formats/themes/BusinessCSS' into the Site1 folder - I did a site refresh after that and the error is still there. I've also stripped everything, including the contents of the cgi-bin, from the server and started again without success.

Can anyone help? TIA.

Malcolm
    ¤ The world wide web needn't cost the earth
    ¤ ARTISAN INTERNET LTD
    ¤ www.artinet.co.uk

Hi Malcolm,

Replacing Act_OrderDetail.html should have sorted this one out for you but can you also try replacing Act_ShoppingCart.html too.
    Tracey
    SellerDeck

Comment

Thanks, Tracey, I didn't think of that one. However, I copied the new file in, did a site refresh, refreshed the test product page in my browser, tried again, and it's still the same. Should I copy in any more files? I don't want to copy undiscriminately because I've done a lot of template work on this site.

Malcolm
      ¤ ARTISAN INTERNET LTD
      ¤ www.artinet.co.uk

Comment

Hi Malcolm,

Hmm, this is odd. Can you send a snapshot to the 'contact us' address below as long as it is less than 8MB in size. If it is bigger than this then please upload the snapshot to your server and then e-mail the link to it to the address below and I will take a look at it for you.
        Tracey
        SellerDeck

Comment

Originally posted by TraceyG
          Hmm, this is odd. Can you send a snapshot to the 'contact us' address below
          I had to send it to sales@actinic.co.uk, marked for your attention, as you didn't give me a "'contact us' address below". It's less than 8MB.

There's another problem with the site, see http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=8381 - any connection, do you think?

Malcolm
          ¤ ARTISAN INTERNET LTD
          ¤ www.artinet.co.uk

Comment

Hi Malcolm,

The problem is due to some missing code in the Act_PrimaryAlt.html template, which you were using for your checkout pages ('Alternative Overall Layout (for Checkout)'). The confirmation page uses the same primary template. If you add in:

Code:
                            <TD VALIGN="MIDDLE" ALIGN="LEFT" >
                    NETQUOTEVAR:FORMBEGIN
                    <A NAME="top"><INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME=RANDOM 
            VALUE="NETQUOTEVAR:RANDOM"></A>
                                    NETQUOTEVAR:HIDDENFIELDS
                                                    <!-- If customer accounts are in 
            operation following two lines allow displaying -->
                                <!-- User name and customer account name on every page 
            -->
                                <!-- NETQUOTEVAR:LOGINLINK 
            --><Actinic:NOWSERVING/><Actinic:CURRACCOUNT/><Actinic:LOGOUT_SIMPLE/><br>
                                                    <!-- NETQUOTEVAR:HEADER -->
                                                    <span 
            class="actxsmall">NETQUOTEVAR:HEADERTEXT<br><br></span>
                                                    NETQUOTEVAR:BULK <br><br>
                        <span class="actxsmall">NETQUOTEVAR:FOOTERTEXT</span>
                        <!-- NETQUOTEVAR:FOOTER -->
                        NETQUOTEVAR:FORMEND<br></TD>

This should really replace the login code that you have put into this template.
            Tracey
            SellerDeck

Comment

Many thanks, Tracey, you're a star

Malcolm
              ¤ ARTISAN INTERNET LTD
              ¤ www.artinet.co.uk

Comment

Working...
              X