Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Snapshot error in Developer 7

Chris,

Thanks for that tip, I have opened in Access and tried the commpact and repair to no avail. I get the same memory error message and a crash.

Jason
    http://www.healingbreeze.net

Comment

Now I have just started getting fatal errors on snapshot as well. It only started once I began to add fragments in the main catalog yesterday. Before that I had no problems. Now it has become unstable and sometimes it works OK, but mainly it crashes!

The problem seems to be resolved by removing the fragments from the catalog area. Since this is a new feature in v7, I think there could be a fault lurking here somewhere...

Tim Weaver
      WISE.CO.UK
      Consultancy, Innovation & Solutions

tim.weaver@wise.co.uk
      http://www.wise.co.uk

Comment

Fragments and crashes

I have fragments too so maybe......... there is a link here.

Jason
        http://www.healingbreeze.net

Comment

There has certainly been a lot of work done in the area of fragments (and memory leaks) in 7.0.2. I suggest trying 7.0.2 out when it is available.

Comment

It's Friday late afternoon/evening and snapshots are crashing everywhere:
            Errors are appearing on snapshot imports and exports
            error messages are as above and sometimes

Quote:
            FATAL ERRORS
            (File SnapshotWizard.cpp, Line 816) - Archive error 5 - The compression operation failed
            Library error - Can not open file C:\Program Files\Actinic v7\Sites\latest suffolk\ActinicCatalog.mdb ! has been caught.
            -----------------------------
            FATAL ERRORS
            (File ImportBackup.cpp, Line 316) - Archive error 5 - The compression operation failed
            Library error - Can not open file C:\Program Files\Actinic v7\Sites\latest suffolk\ActinicCatalog.ldb ! has been caught.
            (File ExportFiles.cpp, Line 284) - Archive error 13 - Extract selected files call failed
            Library error - Error creating file C:\Program Files\Actinic v7\Sites\latest suffolk\ActinicCatalog.mdb ! has been caught.

I've compacted databases, the lot but it just seems so random. When's the next release?
            Jenny
            Hanson Web Design
            www.hansonwebdesign.co.uk
            jenny@hansonwebdesign.co.uk
            Actinic hosting, Actinic Software, template design and re-design

Comment

I consistently get Fatal Errors when running more than one snapshot per session, so I have learnt to close Actinic and restart it between snapshots.

The problems I was getting originally happen far less now (though nothing significant has really changed in the catalogue.) When it does crash, restarting Actinic and re-running the snapshot (export) to a new file name generally works OK.

Tim Weaver
              WISE.CO.UK

tim.weaver@wise.co.uk

Comment

I did get it work eventually but wasted so much time..
                J
                Hanson Web Design
                www.hansonwebdesign.co.uk
                jenny@hansonwebdesign.co.uk
                Actinic hosting, Actinic Software, template design and re-design

Comment

I was having a problem with my snapshot crashing as well. I solved this problem by doing a database compact and repair in Access as suggested.
                  http://www.TheLondonPoject.ca
                  Located at Vancouver, Canada

Comment

There is a known bug whereby snapshots fail if you have a fragment selected when you initiate the snapshot, so always make sure that you have a product or a section selected.

Tim Weaver
                    WISE.CO.UK

tim.weaver@wise.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Weaver
                      There is a known bug whereby snapshots fail if you have a fragment selected when you initiate the snapshot, so always make sure that you have a product or a section selected.
                      This information is like discovering gold!

This problem has been a real pain, and I never really knew why it stopped, and why it came back. Brilliant! So much time Saved!

Thank you for posting this.

Comment

hello,

im trying to export a snapshot of my work and i keep getting this error:

FATAL ERRORS
                        (File SnapshotWizard.cpp, Line 816) - Archive error 5 - The compression operation failed
                        Library error - Can not open file C:\Apps\Actinic v7\Sites\Site1\ActinicCatalog.mdb ! has been caught.

what do i do?

Comment

Have you tried rebooting your computer first?

Comment

Do you have something else accessing the database? Like back up software, or a plug in like Soapbox or One Stop Order Processing?
                            If so, close these first.
                            Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

Originally posted by amank View Post
                              hello,

im trying to export a snapshot of my work and i keep getting this error:

FATAL ERRORS
                              Library error - Can not open file C:\Apps\Actinic v7\Sites\Site1\ActinicCatalog.mdb ! has been caught.

what do i do?
                              did you try any of the suggestions previously mentioned in this thread? if so which ones?

is the path you quote correct? this is not the standard place to find the DB

Comment

Working...
                              X