Amending Quantities when "Upselling"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amending Quantities when "Upselling"

I am using Components to offer customers upsells, I make the component, associate the relevant product etc.
    When testing this as a customer it adds the item ok but will not let you increase the quantity of that associated item, can this be changed at all?
    Presumably this is similar to the quantity bug with Digital Downloads..

Many Thanks for any help

David

This issues is described in this thread.

Basically, component quantities are always tied to product quantities. If you want to have them independent from each other then you need to have them as separate products in the store.

You can use the 'Quantity on Product Page' with 'Single Add to Cart Button per page' shopping mode to list a product and all it's 'options' on a single page with a single add to cart button to add them all to the cart in one go. You can also tweak the product layout template for the 'option' products to look much more compact - details of how to do this are in 'DesignGuide.pdf' within your 'Actinic v7\Starter Guide' folder.

Comment

I think i will keep it as they are - it was just an idea.

While we are on this subject is there a way to have a remove boxs next to each componant as well as the "main" product so a customer can remove one item without the other or is this not possible?

Many Thanks

Comment

That's not possible I'm afraid. The 'Remove' box only belongs to the product - not the components. Hence you need to remove all details of the product from the cart in order to add the product again without any components.

Comment

Working...
        X