X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Login Problems

Hi

Can you help?

I am using the 30 day tryout version of Developer. I have used it to produce a fully customised test site which I have now published. I had lots of small problems which I have successfully ironed out by looking at threads on this forum, but this one has stumped me:

When I log in under an account name and password I set up, I get redirected to an error page briefly before bouncing back (un-logged in) to the main catalog page. The error message says

"Missing text search join mode. Please specify AND or OR.

Please wait for your browser to forward you to the next page or click here"

Must be something to do with the search facility given the message - but what? I have checked Act_loginprimary.html etc and can't see any funnies.

Your help much appreciated....

Thanks
    Jon

Jon, have you got all your hidden vars added in as well? And your challengekey?
    Cheers
    Gearóid

Comment

Gearóid

Thanks. Sorry I'm quite new to all this. By the hidden vars, do you mean the following?:

<!--@act NETQUOTEVAR:HEADERMETA -->
      <!--@act NETQUOTEVAR:LOADFUNCTION -->
      <!--@act NETQUOTEVAR:SUBMITFUNCTION -->
      <!--@act NETQUOTEVAR:P3PFULLPOLICYLINK -->

If so, yes these are in the Head section of act_primary.html and act_loginprimary.html. Are there any others I have possibly left out?

What is a challengekey?

Thanks for your help

Jon

Comment

If you post the URL, I will take a look.

Comment

Thanks. It is at www.moorclose.co.uk/acatalog/brochurehome.html

Looking forward to your thoughts...

Cheers
          Jon

Comment

I will also need a username and password to log in with . Sorry, should have mentioned this earlier.

Comment

Oh yeah...no problem I am out and about at the moment - will post userid and password a bit later if that's ok.

Cheers
              Jon

Comment

Hi again Chris - try logging on as testman1 (password testman1). For "fun" I tried logging in under a made up id and got the same error result.

Hope you can help

Cheers
                Jon

Comment

I have spent a long time looking at your store and I cannot work out what on earth is going on. Something about your customisations have had a strange effect. My only suggestion is to add the hidden form field for a search text join mode into the Act_LoginPage.html template and see what happens. The code for this is:

<input TYPE=HIDDEN NAME="TB" VALUE="A">

Sorry I cannot be more informative but this is a strange one.

Comment

Thanks for your time Chris. I don't have access to the pc with the store on until this evening. I will try your suggestion then and report back.

In the meantime, some additional info which I don't know if it's relevant or not, but could have contributed, thinking about it. Before the problem below occurred, the login worked OK (although I hadn't done very much testing at all when the error occurred). I had the same problem described by Mike Hughes in this thread where I got an invalid path for the path from cgi-bon to acatalog directory error. I solved it as Mike was advised by changing the PERL script ID. I also deleted all instances of the old number .pl and .pm files from my cgi-bin and refreshed the site and the problem was solved. However, this was when the login problem started. Is this relevant do you think - sorry, should probably have mentioned this before

Cheers
                    Jon

Comment

Hi - tried as you suggested Chris, and now the login functions as a search facility! Returns a list of all the products on the site....

Any more thoughts?

Your help appreciated....

Cheers
                      Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jonwilliams
                        Hi - tried as you suggested Chris, and now the login functions as a search facility! Returns a list of all the products on the site....
                        As far as I can see the </FORM> tag is missing for the section list form.

Regards,

Zoltan
                        Actinic
                        Zoltan
                        Actinic Software
                        www.actinic.co.uk

Comment

Aha....Now how did THAT happen? That's done the trick.

Thanks very much for your help guys - very much appreciated.

Cheers
                          Jon

Comment

Hi again

Sorry to be a pain but the resolution of the previous problem seems to have caused another.

I am using images only for some brochure page fragments and for my section links on the main catalog page. Now, some of these images are missing. As far as I can tell from Developer, all the images are in the Site1 folder and there is no discernible difference in the setup of the fragments or links affected. The browser seems to be trying to call the affected images from the cgi-bin directory though, rather than the acatalog directory. I checked the directories on the server and sure enough, the images that do apear are also in the cgi-bin directory.

How did that happen? The only thing I can think of is that when I corrected the stuck perl script problem a way back, some files got uploaded to different directories. I have tried completely refreshing the site. What is the best way to put this right?

Please help.....I am beginning to suffer brain meltdown

A couple of other quickies while I am at it if I may....:

1. What is the correct way to link a hardcoded image on the brochure page to go to the main catalog page and retain the logged in (or not logged in) status of the user?

2. There is an annoying space of a line or two at the bottom of my section links. I can't see where this is generated in order to get rid.

Many thanks again

Jon

Comment

1. What is the correct way to link a hardcoded image on the brochure page to go to the main catalog page and retain the logged in (or not logged in) status of the user?

I suggest you use the 'Link' function in Brochure to create a link to the product you want to link to and then copy and paste the HTML from this into your hard-coded brochure fragments.

2. There is an annoying space of a line or two at the bottom of my section links. I can't see where this is generated in order to get rid.

If you have established it is not coming from Act-SectionLine.html then it will be the code within 'Design | Text | Webiste | HTML' in prompts ID 1187, 1188, 1189 and 1190 which builds a table around your section links in order to lay them out in columns.

Comment

Working...
                              X