Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exporting

YAHOO Product

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I want to submit to YAHOO PRODCUT section and they tell me that i need to upload my data in:
    File name: data.txt
    File Format: Tab-delimited text file (first line must contain exact field names)

any ideas how i can import the catalog ?

Field names: they need :
    CODE: model number
    Name: product name with no embodded html or control charactor
    description:
    Price:
    product url

any help?

Hi

You should get all the necessary information from File| Export Froogle Data Feed in Actinic. You will then have to re-format it as per Yahoo's requirements.

Hope this helps.

Cheers
    Krithika Chandrasekar
    SellerDeck

sigpic

E-commerce software by SellerDeck

Comment

Exporting data

I need the data to be in CSV format and not in TEXT. the way froogle does it is text....

Actinic Ecommerce has the ability to be able to export your store data as a 'Froogle Data Feed'. This is a special format of data, designed to be read into the online shopping engine at http://www.froogle.com/.
      The data is saved as a tab-delimited text file on your PC. You will then need to register at http://www.froogle.com/ in order to be able to add your shop data to Froogle.
      More details can be found online at http://www.froogle.com/.

(c) Actinic plc

Comment

Import the Froogle export into excel and you should be able to save it in CSV format if you like.

Comment

Froogle feed only works in v6.1.4 and above

Comment

When you open the file, in excel, select DELIMITED, then press next. Tick TAB as the 'delimiter', click Finish. All in NICE columns!

Comment

exporting

when i do that, everything is mixed up.
              it doesnt not show up in nice seperated columns, all MIXED. cant use. ideas?

How can I get only the following in the excell colomn?

code – A merchant specific identifier or SKU. A unique code must be used for each product and should be kept consistent from feed to feed.

name – The product name, with no control characters or embedded HTML.

description - The product description, with no control characters or embedded HTML. If you do not have product descriptions, you may enter the same data as you did in the 'name' field.

price – Price, in US dollars, with a decimal point and no $ sign.
              product-url – The URL that links to the specific product on your site.

merchant-site-category - The category you use on your own site for each product. Please include the full hierarchy for each entry and separate the different levels of your hierarchy with ">".

Medium - Required for Music and Video products only. Please leave this field blank for all other product types.

For Music products, must be one of the following (not case sensitive): CD, Cassette, MiniDisc, LP, EP, 45.

For Video products, must be one of the following (not case sensitive): VHS, Beta, 8mm, Laser Disc, DVD, VCD.

Please help. thanks.

Comment

Send me your email address: paul@pazyryk.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                X