V7 Error Message Cart Expired

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

V7 Error Message Cart Expired

A few of our clients are experiencing problems when trying to place an order, the error is a general script error when going from delivery address in checkout to payment it is saying

Error: Your shopping cart has expired, orders must be completed within 3 hours or they will be automatically cancelled.

The client has cookies enabled and they are not leaving it 3 hour. I have got them to delete all their cookies, reboot and all the usual tricks but they still see the errors. I have tried to replicate the problem and can not it all works fine, so my guess is that is is something to do with their settings, any ideas would be greatlfully appreciated.

Many Thanks
    Rod Brooks
    Oceanet 2000 Ltd.

It might be a corrupt session file. have you tried help>troubleshooting>purge session files?

Note: this will delete all active sessions so customers mid-purchase will lose their cart contents.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Olderscot

thanks for the help, I tried that but to no avail however I then manually ftp'd to the server and deleted all the session files I could find and it then worked once but the problem has re-appeared.

Any idea?

Comment

Could you check the clock on the server. If it is not running at BST (GMT +1) then this could also cause issues.

Comment

Chris,
          the sever is based in Australia and is running a time of only 1 hour behind UK time so this could well be the issue as the clients are in Australia, is there anyway to change any of the perl scripts so this does not cause a problem i.e. use the client time rather than the server time?

Many Thanks

Comment

Another approach is to go to 'Web | Configure Expiry Periods' and up the 'Shopping Carts' expiry time to 6 hours and see if that helps.

Comment

Chris,

I have tried the store from two other computers both using the GMT time zone and setting it to the GMT +10 time zone and all 4 times the store behaved correctly so it looks as if it is some setting on the client can you think of anything to look for.

Many Thanks

Comment

Could you check the clock on the server. If it is not running at BST (GMT +1) then this could also cause issues.
                Chris,

Can you expand on this a bit please. Unix servers nearly all use UTC (i.e. GMT) as the basis for their system clock and I can't think of a reason why this should cause a problem with shopping carts (and if it does it probably needs fixing).

Mike

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Can you expand on this a bit please.
                  I'm afraid I can't. I remember a few years ago problems being caused by server clocks being wrong, but I couldn't find the reference.

It looks as if that isn't the problem in this case. Has extending the shopping cart expiry periods made any difference?

Comment

Working...
                  X