Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

exporting and printing

HI everyone -

I'm running Catalog v6. I have "Bypass Catalog Order Processing" checked. I would like to do two things: print data entry reports, and exports to a persons file. I have two questions...

1. I have tried to do the printing first, and then the exporting, and also have done it the other way around (exporting, then printing). In both cases, as soon as I do the first thing, all the orders get marked "Completed", and then I either have to choose RePrint or ReExport. Is there any way I can do one or the other without having them move to completed (and without having to turn order processing back on)? Not a big deal, but just wondering.

2. This is more problematic... my persons file has two records for every person, whether I export first or ReExport. How can I just get one record?

Thanks very much -- Jen

Jen

With regards to 1), there is no way around this I'm afraid. The system is set up to either to data-entry reports or do exports. Not both. Sorry about that.

With regards to 2) there appear to be two addresses because one is the invoice address and the other is the delivery address. They will occasionally be different depending on your type of business (i.e. people selling gifts will mostly have different invoice addresses and delivery addresses). I have no great suggestions other than if you are familiar with Microsoft Access you can use it to cross reference the 'persons.csv' file with the 'orders.csv' file. In 'orders.csv' there are fields called 'Invoice Contact ID' and 'Deliver Contact ID' which refer to records in persons.csv. You may be able to write a query that filters only the person records that are in the 'Invoice Contact ID' field.

I appreciate the fact this is quite a technical solution, but someone else reading this may be able to benefit.

Comment

Hello Jen

I have a product that allows you to automate order collection and processing, using this you could collect your orders at scheduled intervals and run the actinic export. I also have a whole set of order processors in alpha test that can be run by my automation program that allow you to print, export and email order processing reports, change the print status for orders, change the shipped status for orders and change the deleted status for orders. I think that these might solve your problems but they are not a standard part of Actinic so you have to buy them.

On the other hand you could do clever things with access as suggested by Chris, Chris has covered most points, but I could add that the invoice address is always first and they always come in pairs, if you don't allow the user to enter a different email address the pair of records are identical exept for the id field. If you have access then you could eliminate the delivery address by linking the order table to the person table by 'Invoice contact id', you will then have a single row per order. Feel free to call if you get stuck.

Regards,
      Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
      Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
      A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
      Product Mash for Sellerdeck
      Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
      Multichannel order processing
      Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Working...
      X