product page layout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

product page layout

I have a product which needs four drop down lists. These have different prices in each which make up the overall price. When I check the page it has the image with text to the right and the drop down lists under the text. This makes the page too big and you have to scroll down which I don't want. Is there any way to have the dropdowns in a line across the bottom or have a page with a drop down which when you o.k. it you go on to the next page with another dropdown and so on until you get the complete item. Is this making any sense?

Yes

Check the latest Advanced User Guide and you will see that it talks about variables that are available for laying out variants in different ways. You will need to edit the Product Layout template to do this.

By default NETQUOTEVAR:ADDTOCARTBUTTON lays out all attributes with the button underneath. If you use NETQUOTEVAR:VARIANTADDTOCARTBUTTON instead, then this will layout the add to cart button without the variants in tow, and allow you to insert the variants individually.

Try inserting the following code in the product layout HTML:

<table width="100%" border="0">
    <tr>
    <td valign="top">
    NETQUOTEVAR:VARIANTLABEL1<br>
    NETQUOTEVAR:VARIANTSELECTOR1
    </td>
    <td valign="top">
    NETQUOTEVAR:VARIANTLABEL2<br>
    NETQUOTEVAR:VARIANTSELECTOR2
    </td>
    <td valign="top">
    NETQUOTEVAR:VARIANTLABEL3<br>
    NETQUOTEVAR:VARIANTSELECTOR3
    </td>
    <td valign="top">
    NETQUOTEVAR:VARIANTLABEL4<br>
    NETQUOTEVAR:VARIANTSELECTOR4
    </td>
    </tr>
    </table>

This will lay out the four drop-downs next to each other.

Comment

wow thats impressive. I'll give it a go.

Comment

I have looked in template manager and I'm unsure exactly where I should be making changes can you tell me the exact path. I can see product variants but nothing like what I'm looking for inside. can you help.

Comment

I would suggest gettting hold of the 'Designing with Actinic Developer Guide' from http://www.actinic.co.uk/support/downloads.htm. It will give you a walkthough of templates and help you work out what all the important ones do.

It will be worth getting a basic understanding of templates before starting customisation.

For the record, you are editing a 'Product Layout' template - the default name of which is 'Act_ProductLine.html'.

Comment

Working...
          X