Catalog and Business or Developer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Catalog and Business or Developer?

I've prepared a quote for a client recommending Business and he has pretty much accepted it, but asked a couple of questions that threw me for the best answer.

1. He needs his retail 'joe public' store to run on a PC at a different location (city!) to his trade clients' site.

2. He has trade clients in many cities around Europe, Hong Kong and US and would like to display their local currencies on the site when they log in - I have said it is probably only possible to show two currencies. I would be happy to receive anybody's thoughts and ideas on this one.

Re: No 1 above, I have suggested it would probably be best to buy Catalog to run his retail store and keep Business for his trade operation. But then speaking to sales at Actinic there was the suggestion of Developer...

To give you an idea of my current Actinic business: did my reseller training course nearly four years ago - customised and created only three sites in the first three years and now, in the last two months, have created five Actinic sites! In addition, I have probably got another two to do in the next month or so, therefore, might Developer be the best option for me? Again, anybody's thoughts, ideas and comments welcome.

Many thanks

Nigel
    Seemore Graphics
    solutions for web and print
    http://www.seemoregraphics.co.uk

Hi Nigel

1. It is not possible to maintain a single store from two different PCs, you will need to have two different stores in that case

2. You are right about the possibility in Actinic of displaying one additional currency alongside the main one.
    However, it is possible to use a currency converter, for instance, as provided by www.xe.com. If you take a look at the Advanced User Guide (Word version), page # 47, it gives you further information on this.

Hope this helps.

Cheers
    Krithika Chandrasekar
    SellerDeck

sigpic

E-commerce software by SellerDeck

Comment

Thanks Krithika

I will recommend he purchases both Catalog and Business for his stores.

As both stores are going to be pretty much identical in content, what would be the easiest way to import the Business store (which I will be doing first) into the Catalog store?

Many thanks

Nigel
      Seemore Graphics

Comment

Hi Nigel

The easiest way will be to create a snapshot(File | Snapshot | Export Site) of the finished site and import it into Catalog.

Cheers
        Krithika Chandrasekar
        SellerDeck

sigpic

E-commerce software by SellerDeck

Comment

Thanks for the reply Krithika

Cheers

Nigel
          Seemore Graphics