Same Product In More Than One Section

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Same Product In More Than One Section

I see a thread in V6 forum on having products in more than one section. How is this done in V7 ?

Duplicating products in V7 only

This is dead easy, copy the item you want in duplicate, either right click or 'Ctrl + c' on the hilighted product. Then go to the section you want the duplicate to go in and right click and choose 'paste as duplicate' or 'Ctrl + Alt + v'
    Bingo job done!
    Last edited by Andy Sheldon; 24-Jul-2004, 12:48 PM. Reason: Make clearer
    Me got it wrong again!!!
    http://www.ar-sheldon.com

Comment

How do you make this a single product for the purpose of stock control, sales reporting ? Is there something extra to do ?

Comment

Would a new product not be a better idea?, just copy and paste the product and give new Ref. number.
        Me got it wrong again!!!
        http://www.ar-sheldon.com

Comment

Duplicate Parts Hidden section and searching

I've just found a problem with creating duplicate parts. I've set up a hidden section which will be used to hold all the parts we sell. I am then intending to create duplicates, triplicates etc in various sections to display as orderable items on the web site. However, the search facility does not find the duplicated items which is going to cause problems. Hopefully there is a solution - any ideas

Comment

How do you make this a single product for the purpose of stock control, sales reporting ? Is there something extra to do ?
            If you are using the 'Product Duplicate' feature in v7 then there is nothing extra you need to do. As far as the stock system and the order processing system is concerned, they are the same product.
            However, the search facility does not find the duplicated items which is going to cause problems.
            Please go to 'View | Search Settings | Options' and ensure that 'Index Product Duplicates' is selected.

Comment

Working...
            X