templates from V5 to V6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

templates from V5 to V6

I created my own act_primary template (and more) which works perfectly in V5. I took a snapshot of v5 and imported it into Developer v6.2. Now my own templates display a mess, eg the original Actinic navigation displays within my own act primary. Is there a simple way to fix all of this, or is best to start from scratch with the templates?
    Jenny
    Hanson Web Design
    www.hansonwebdesign.co.uk
    jenny@hansonwebdesign.co.uk
    Actinic hosting, Actinic Software, template design and re-design

jenny we have (and are stiil) doing a lot of work on templates. I have never tried upgrading a complete theme from 5-6 as going between versions of 5 was a problem.

V6 has a slightly different layout I would suggest choosing a theme that closely matches yours before applying changes to it.

If you still have the original templates you created then I would copy these into V6 and work from there.
    Owner of a broken heart

Comment

when going from v5 to v6, to have to ensure that the site upgrader runs on the site you are trying to update. Otherwise you will have all sorts of problems.......just like the ones you have got

Comment

I ran the site upgrader but somehow I made a complete muck up of it. Somehow, in some of the templates it managed to repeat the add to cart info bits in twice and made a pigs ear of it. I have got one site working now and now I shall see what a hash I can make of the next one.
        Jenny
        Hanson Web Design
        www.hansonwebdesign.co.uk
        jenny@hansonwebdesign.co.uk
        Actinic hosting, Actinic Software, template design and re-design

Comment

Working...
        X