Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Security Code on Credit Cards

Hello all,

We have just been told by streamline that they want the security code on 90% of the orders else we will get charged.

My question is "when I add the CWW2 tick on the credit cards this is mandatory & they must fill it in." Is there a way If they dont want to give those details to add text saying to ring it though I have been trying to find which template it is on but cant work out if its on, Act_Order00.html or Act_Order01.html.
    The other thing how do i make it not mandory.

Thanks
    David Shorthouse,
    Website Manager,
    http://www.Queenswood.co.uk

Personally i can't understand why you would allow people not to enter the cvv number, it is as integral to a purchase as the credit card number itself.

If you feel you have issues with people not wanting to send CC details by WWw then why not additionally use the credit card details sent separately option

Comment

The purpose of the security code is fraud prevention! It proves that the person placing the order has the card in their possession and haven't just acquired someone else's card number from a receipt or other source. It also cuts down on fraud where the cardholder places an order then denies knowledge of it when they receive their card statement to avoid having to pay, as they have to sign a declaration that the card has not been out of their possession, which means only they could have placed the order. In my experience genuine customers appreciate additional security measures such as this as it demonstrates regard security as important, therefore they are more inclined to trust you with their details. If they can't or won't give this code it should set alarm bells ringing. We've been using it for around 8 months now and our online fraud losses have fallen to practically zero!

Regards
      Brian
      Brian
      www.flowergallery.co.uk
      Same day flower delivery to UK
      Same day flower delivery to Republic of Ireland
      International Flower Delivery

Located in Argyll, Scotland, UK

Comment

Originally posted by pinbrook
        Personally i can't understand why you would allow people not to enter the cvv number, it is as integral to a purchase as the credit card number itself.
        Hi I dont have any problem with it. I personally want it to be mandatory as we ask for the code when we take an order over the phone. But we always get some customers who wont give it. Which we do credit checks on depenting on what they order.

Thanks

Dave.

I have put on the the security code.

Thanks Dave
        David Shorthouse,
        Website Manager,
        http://www.Queenswood.co.uk

Comment

Working...
        X