Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PostCode & New Zealand

Hi,

I am using Business v7. I have a query about the check out stage, specifically the Post Code part.

I have a customer who is from New Zealand and apparantly they do not have post codes. When he tries to order an item, it demands a post code in the checkout pages. I have got around this by telling him to enter a dummy one, and I will pick it up.

My question is, is it possible to have different required fields for different countries. For example, I want all UK customers to have to enter a post code, but not New Zealand customers?

Sorry if this has been covered before.

Many Thanks

Kevin
    KDM Digital Media - Actinic web design and hosting

Hi Kevin

Jan Strassen has an interesting utility at her website . The product is called One Stop Order Processing, further information on the utility is available from here

Hope this helps

Cheers
    Krithika Chandrasekar
    SellerDeck

sigpic

E-commerce software by SellerDeck

Comment

Thanks Krithika I'll take a look.

Kev

Comment

The postcode related product that we have is a free solution that tells you how to add postcode anywhere to the Actinic checkout. This is a brilliant solution, it allows users to type in their postcodes and have their addresses looked up. We have also negotiated a special free click rate for our customers - if you sign up through the Mole End page you will get 60 free clicks rather than the usual 15. Postcode anywhere works for UK and US addresses.

New Zealand does have postcodes, but it seems that they are generally not used in written addresses, for example if you look up the Duxton Hotel in Auckland you get an address of

DUXTON HOTEL AUCKLAND
        100 Greys Avenue
        Auckland New Zealand

The postcode for this address is 1001 and the correct format for the address would be

DUXTON HOTEL AUCKLAND
        100 Greys Avenue
        Auckland 1001
        New Zealand

This format doesn't fit in with the way Actinic formats the checkout pages and so the postcode field would need to be optional even when the postcode was entered.

But I witter on ...

You cannot have country specific options on address details using Actinic out of the box. It would be possible to rewrite the HTML pages in the checkout phases to add certains rules for certain countries but it would be easier to add the text '(enter none if not applicable)' after that field. Actinic doesn't validate the text entered and so anything will do, so long as you remember to go and remove it before printing out the address.

I would have thought that the same would apply to USA addresses.

Regards,
        Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
        Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
        A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
        Product Mash for Sellerdeck
        Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
        Multichannel order processing
        Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Advanced|Locations provides a list of countries with a column for specifying a valid postcode format for each and a checkbox to tick if you want to apply postcode validation for that country. I haven't used this myself as yet, instead I have next to the postcode field label "If None enter 0" , but I've just had another look at it and will probably try it out soon to see how it works. There's more information in Help Topics|Advanced|Locations about how to implement this. I would think if you did use this you would need to untick the "required" box for postal code in Design|Text|Invoice Address and Design|Text|Delivery Address so that postcode entry would only be required for those countries specified by you.

Regards
          Brian
          Brian
          www.flowergallery.co.uk
          Same day flower delivery to UK
          Same day flower delivery to Republic of Ireland
          International Flower Delivery

Located in Argyll, Scotland, UK

Comment

Excellent - that seems to address the issue I have. I'll take a look.

Thanks for that.

Kevin

Comment

Working...
            X