Wishlist: Name & Address Capitalisation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wishlist: Name & Address Capitalisation

rather than tweak every report, it would be nice if we could set Capitalisation rules in the Define Text pages, and have Actinic apply them when adding orders to the database.

We get very lazy internet shoppers who either type everything in upper or lower case....
    Eileen Eby
    http://www.wildbirdfood.uk.com

We have a batch order processor that does this, you can use it with our automation moles to run automatically on orders as they arrive, or you can run it standalone for specific orders or for orders within a particular date ranges. You can buy it as part of the full automation system or standalong (standalone version is £45).

More details at and a free trial at :

http://www.mole-end.biz/acatalog/One...utomation.html

Regards,
    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
    Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
    A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
    Product Mash for Sellerdeck
    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
    Multichannel order processing
    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

All very nice Jan, but this is something that everyone would appreciate and Actinic could do in their sleep.

Chris, please add to the wishlist.

Mike
      -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Hi Jan...
        yes, I noticed your Capitalisation rules

a while back, I downloaded the trial version of your add-on and was impressed, but I would still need my own add-on as well, so opted not to purchase yours (sorry!)

If Actinic would add a page of rules similar to what you have, it would be excellent.

Now that Actinic can handle off-line ordering, I am sure I'll find lots more things I wish it would do.

I am trying to keep as much of our processing as possible inside Actinic, and am only using my add-on utility to do the things we cannot do inside the application.

<<warning: waffle mode>>

Mind you, I have been enjoying working on this web site and the app. Having been an IBM mainframe developer for 25+ years, I relish the opportunity to have a real use for VB & Access & Crystal Reports & Activex controls ....

Actinic is great for my friend's birdseed business. I am having so much fun watching and helping the business grow. We are finding that a large market for his birdseed are the blue-rinse, don't own a pc public. The off-line order processing in Actinic has come at JUST the right time for us.
        Eileen Eby
        http://www.wildbirdfood.uk.com

Comment

Originally posted by olderscot
          All very nice Jan, but this is something that everyone would appreciate and Actinic could do in their sleep.

Chris, please add to the wishlist.

Mike
          Thanks for the insult there olderscot, I was actually trying to help out.
          Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
          Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
          A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
          Product Mash for Sellerdeck
          Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
          Multichannel order processing
          Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Thanks for the insult there olderscot, I was actually trying to help out.
            I know. Didn't mean to insult you.

I just don't want actinic to use you an excuse not to do something. i.e. thinking along the lines of "If anyone really wants to do this they can always use Jan's stuff."

Some things are just so useful, applicable to everyone and easy to implement that it's a crime if actinic don't do it.

Mike

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

You could investigate adding some text-transform style to the form input fields.

E.g.

style="text-transform: capitalize"

Will do a bit of what you want (briefly tested with IE6).

Or a bit of onchange JavaScript would also fix it.

Norman

PS I'm sure I posted something about this on the V6 Forum but I can't find it.
              Norman - www.drillpine.biz
              Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

You can always rely on Norman to have a fix

top man

Cheers
                Darren

Comment

Working...
                X