Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where are the report files held?

Thanks in advance if anyone can help me with this:

We are planning to use audiostore on its own server and will require it to link with an existing SQL database on another server. From what I can tell in the help in audiostore there appears to be the functionality to link with external data sources. Is this possible between 2 different servers?

Also, my main question, where are the report files (the csv files or whatever format they are in) stored, are they stored on the server that serves the webiste or are they stored on the local PC used to develop the pages?

Thanks

Hi There,

The report files are stores on the Local PC. When Actinic Installs on the PC it creates a Site1 folder, (C:/program Files/Actinic ECommerce vx/Sites/Site1) in this folder you will find the main Database (ActinicCatalog.mdb - Access2000). If you go into View | Business settings | Order Processing ... and under "Report Options" tick 'Enable Export to Files", that will link your orders to the .csv files (Orders, Persons, Orderlines, Payment & Buyers) once this is done and you Export your orders, you will find the files in your Site1 folder.

With regards to linking to an external database, it is possible to link to a sql database. You can use the Help tab in Actinic, "Linking to an External Database" as a setup reference. Here are a couple of threads on the community that you can go over too.... (1) & (2) .

Hope this helps,

Cheers
    Bruce King
    SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
    X