Importing Excel file into Actinic/Access DB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Importing Excel file into Actinic/Access DB

I'm in the process of updating my web shop, and I'm looking for obviously the easiest and quickest method to do this.

I've a list of products from my suppliers which amount to 2000+ items which are listed by trade price.

My thoughts are to create an Excel spreadsheet with a column for Product Code, Description, Trade Price, VAT % per Product, Retail Price. Of which the retail price would be worked out by a formula that I would formulate. Therefore all I need to do is enter the Trade Price against each product and Excel would work out the Retail price for me.

Once I'd entered all the products into this Spreadsheet, could I import these into the Access DB that belongs to Actinic and if so which fields would I need to export, and the most important how if at all is this possible ?

I would be grateful on any help on this matter.

Thank You

Elfyn
    iBabyShop.co.uk

Hi Elfyn,

You could use 'External Links' in Actinic, if you want to link products to External database. To do this:
    1. Please go to 'View | Business Settings | Options' and untick 'Auto Generate Product References'.
    2. Now, go to 'File | External Links' and tick 'Link Products to Table in External Database'.
    3. Click 'Browse' and select 'Excel 2000 Workbook' and your workbook and enter the sheet name in Worksheet (e.g., Sheet1 ).
    4. Map the 'External fields' to 'Actinic fields'
    5. Check 'Image1.gif' for more information.

Alternatively, you can use 'SampleFlatImportFile.csv, SampleFlatImportFileRefs.csv, or SampleFlatImportFileStock.csv' located in Site1 folder (C:\Program Files\Actinic ecommerce vx\Sites\Site1)
    After filling the product details in the CSV files, just do 'File | Import | Flat File Import'.

Hope this helps you.
    Attached Files
    Cheers,
    Suresh Babu G

Comment

Working...
    X