Problem with suspend errors and NETQUOTEVAR:VARIANTS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with suspend errors and NETQUOTEVAR:VARIANTS

Hi - I have just suspended the taking of orders via the Business Settings > Order tab in order to migrate my site to a new server.

When I upload the site I expected to see the "Buy Now" button replaced by a message saying that the purchasing of products was suspended.

What is actually displayed is the text "NETQUOTEVAR:VARIANTS NETQUOTEVAR:VARIANTADDTOCARTBUTTON".

I set the site up to use the "Variants" and "Variantaddtocartbutton" options to allow more flexibility as per the Actinic manual, but I would still have expected that suspending the site would still have displayed the suspend message correctly.

Have I done something wrong?
    Regards
    David

Anybody any ideas on this one?
    Regards
    David

Comment

Hi David,

In order to determine more into this issue, could you please post your website URL? Also, attach the Act_ProductLine template, so that I can have a look into the HTML code as well.
      Cheers,
      Suresh Babu G

Comment

Hi - the url is www.wildlifeonline.com. I suspended the orders in order to move the site to another server.

Orders are now enabled again.

I have attached the productline template as requested.
        Attached Files
        Regards
        David

Comment

Hi David,
          Orders are now enabled again.
          If Iam right, you have NOW suspended the orders in order to move the site (www.wildlifeonline.com) to another server, but it still displays 'Add to my basket' button instead of 'CATALOG SUSPENDED'

Please try refreshing your website ('Web | Refresh Website') and check the results.
          Cheers,
          Suresh Babu G

Comment

Hi - what you see now is:

1. the site on it's new server.
            2. the site enabled to take orders
            3. the site working correctly

The problem I had was when I suspended the site from taking orders on the old server. I uploaded the site and expected the "Add to Basket" button to be replaced by "Catalog Suspended"

What actually happened was that the "Add to Basket" was replaced by the literal text: "NETQUOTEVAR:VARIANTS NETQUOTEVAR:VARIANTADDTOCARTBUTTON".
            Regards
            David

Comment

It looks like the automatic suspension feature only works with

NETQUOTEVAR:ADDTOCARTBUTTON

and not with

NETQUOTEVAR:VARIANTADDTOCARTBUTTON and NETQUOTEVAR:VARIANTS

I'll report this as a bug.

In the meantime, if it is the default product layout template you have edited, and every product is using the same template, you could change the default product layout template (in 'Design | Options | Layouts') to one that is using NETQUOTEVAR:ADDTOCARTBUTTON.

Comment

ok - thanks Chris
                Regards
                David

Comment

Working...
                X