Order Value Discount Restrictions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Order Value Discount Restrictions

Prior to the release of v7 I had been under the impression that with Order Level discounts I could set a Product Group and exclude the items in that group from the Order value calculation.

Now that I have v7 I find this not to be the case, unless I'm missing something?

Unfortunately, using the Cart Contents discounts are less than ideal since we would need to define too many different levels to get a sliding scale of % discounts triggered at multiple price points, (for different product groups). This presents the shopper with a bewildering array of discounts.

We want to say:
    5% off all online orders over £1,500
    10% off all online orders over £2,500
    15% off Microsoft Bootcamps over £3,000
    (discount applies to total order value in shopping cart at time of order, before tax and shipping charges are applied. Excludes Exam Vouchers.)

But this would end up as:
    10% off CBT orders over £2,500
    5% off CBT orders over £1,500
    15% off Microsoft Bootcamps over £3,000
    10% off Microsoft Bootcamps over £3,000
    5% off Microsoft Bootcamps over £3,000
    (discount applies to total order value in shopping cart at time of order, before tax and shipping charges are applied. Excludes Exam Vouchers.)

and we want to get more complex than this if possible...

Could we not have a system whereby one could list the product groups for which an Order Level discount applies, or conversely the product groups that should be excluded?

Tim Weaver
    WISE.CO.UK
    Consultancy, Innovation & Solutions

tim.weaver@wise.co.uk
    http://www.wise.co.uk

Hi Tim,

If the only products to be excluded from the general order value discounts are 'Microsoft Bootcamp' and 'Exam Vouchers' then you would do it as follows:

Create one Product Group called 'Microsoft Bootcamp' and set up one 'Cart Content' discount for them. The discount should be called "15% off Microsoft" with the following settings:

Based on - Total Value
    Trigger - £3,000
    Reward Type - % Off
    Reward Amount - 15.00

Then create another product group called 'everything else' and put all other products (apart from the exam vouchers in it). Then create two Cart Content discounts for the 'everything else' product group. The first one in the list should be called "10% off everything" with the following settings:

Based on - Total Value
    Trigger - £2,500
    Reward Type - % Off
    Reward Amount - 10.00

The second one in the list should be called "5% off everything" with the following settings:

Based on - Total Value
    Trigger - £1,500
    Reward Type - % Off
    Reward Amount - 5.00

This will handle just excluding one particular product group. It is not possible, however, to exclude whichever product group you want from order value discounts. I will add this to the wish list for you.

I hope this helps you.
    Cheers,
    Suresh Babu G

Comment

I have spent ages trying to get this to work - altering various settings, options, etc.

The bottom line is that the discount is applied to the Exam Vouchers as well as the Products in the discount group.

The Exams vouchers are set up in one Product Group with no discount applied, while the Boot Camps are set up a Product Group with two discount levels - 5% and 10% off.

The Exam Vouchers are "hidden products" in a hidden section.

Each Boot Camp has a component called Exam Vouchers, which is associated to the corresponding Exam Voucher product in the hidden area, with the following options:
      Use Associated Product Prices
      Use Associated Product Tax
      Use Associated Product Name
      Component as Separate Order Line
      Is Optional
      Selected by Default

If I add a Boot Camp to the Cart worth 2495 with an exam voucher of 105 the discount is shown as 260 - i.e. 10% on BOTH items.

So it looks to me as though the product group approach does not work for components. It appears to treat the component as part of the discounted product even though the component is supposed to pick up the pricing from an associated product outside the product group.

Tim Weaver
      WISE.CO.UK

tim.weaver@wise.co.uk

Comment

Any comment?

Tim Weaver
        WISE.CO.UK

tim.weaver@wise.co.uk

Comment

Tim

I've taken a look at this and it looks as if even though a component may be displayed separately to the main product order line, it is still handled by the shopping cart as being part of the same order line - and so incurs the discount.

I'll report this to the development team as something to be addressed. If they come back with a possible fix for you now I'll let you know.

Comment

Thanks Chris.

Tim Weaver
            WISE.CO.UK

tim.weaver@wise.co.uk

Comment

Working...
            X