No announcement yet.

How do I hide the retail prices but show prices to customers who are logged on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I hide the retail prices but show prices to customers who are logged on

I have a potentail Actinic Business customer who wants a site that shows prices to customers who log on, but not to customers who do not.

He has regular established account customers who he wants to log on and purchase with their agreed discounts.

He wants potential customers to be able to browse the site make selections add to the shopping basket and register an interest. He then wants to contact them to ensure that they have selected the most appropriate products for their application and enable him to apply a suitable discount structure to capture their business.

There appears to be two issues:

1) can I hide prices from customers who are not logged on to the business website ?
    2) can these customers add items to a shopping cart and effectively create an order with no value, to register their interest ?

Any ideas?
    Andrew

Hi Andrew

It is possible to hide prices from unregistered customers. For this you will have to untick 'Enabled' against the Retail field in the Prices tab of the Product Details window.
    However, once this is done, unregistered customers cannot place a request order for these items either.
    There is a workaround. You will need to create identical but dummy sections having products with 'zero' prices. Then you can prevent such customers from entering the actual sections using the instructions given in the Advanced Users Guide7 (Word version ), page no. 55 - 'Preventing Retail Customers from Entering Certain Sections in your Store'

Hope this helps.

Cheers
    Krithika Chandrasekar
    SellerDeck

sigpic

E-commerce software by SellerDeck

Comment

Hi Krithika,

I've taken half your advice and hidden prices from unregistered customers.

I think the work around you suggest is too work intensive and prone to error for the people who are going to be managing and updating the site, so I could not comfortably offer that to my customer.

Instead I've just added a dummy product to allow unregistered customers to register online (as per the advanced user guide instructions "Allowing Customers to Register for Accounts Online")

Thanks for you help

Regards

Andrew
      Andrew

Comment

Working...
      X