Stock Control of Duplicate Products

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stock Control of Duplicate Products

We have a product that is used in lots of places throughout our site, in V6 we had to create a new product each time, but in V7 we have changed it all to use a duplicate.

When we created this duplicate we were out of stock, so although we don't use stock monitoring for the rest of the site, we enabled it for this particular product so the "Out Of Stock" label would apear on the web site. Great worked fine.

Now we have received stock, I went to the "Original" product and disables the stock control, expecting our "Buy Now" button to apear for each of the duplicates. Unfortunately it didn't

If anyone has any ideas it would be apreciated.

Thanks.
    David
    Tantronics Limited
    Batteries - Chargers - Portable Power - Photo Accessories
    www.tantronics.co.uk

Hi David

Just tried your example on a default site and can reproduce the same problem. It looks like even though the master product has stock disabled, actinic, the duplicate products are still referencing the stock value of 0.

All i can suggest, is that in the master product, enabled stock monitoring, and where it says "Estimated Stock in Hand", please place a value of 10 in here. Apply these changes. Then untick stock monitoring.

Your duplicate product should now have a buy now button.

I will get in touch with development to see if this right. The duplicate products still referring the stock values, even though you have disabled stock montoring on the master product.

Kind Regards
    Nadeem Rasool
    SellerDeck Development

Comment

Hi Nadeem,

Thanks for your reply, I have also raised this with support, they have passed it over to the Development Team who have clasified it as a bug.

I did try changing the Estimated quantity to 9999 for the master product with the Enable Stock button ticked and unticked, but this didn't seem to have any effect on the duplicate without hitting the "Reset" button.

What would be nice would be to have a "Reset all duplicates" button available on the Master Product, that would also allow you to update text on the duplicates quickly and easily.

David
      David
      Tantronics Limited
      Batteries - Chargers - Portable Power - Photo Accessories
      www.tantronics.co.uk

Comment

Stock monitoring on duplicates

The problem above is becoming a real pain. We have a lot of duplicate products on our site where we show kitchen equipment by type eg mixers, blenders, automatic coffee machines, filter coffee machines and more with duplicates by manufacturer eg. Gaggia, Kitchenaid etc, to help customer searching.
        If a product goes out of stock we mark it out of stock so no ordering can take place. When it is back in stock we update, using Sagelink, but this only, in practice updates the master product. The duplicate products are shown as updated in Actinic but not on the website until you "reset and apply" each product. Not something to get right manually when we have 1,890 products in our current feed.
        It would be great if this could be addressed in the next update.
        TIA
        Mike
        www.wheesh.com
        Mike Julien

www.wheesh.com

Comment

I can confirm that this error is fixed in 7.0.2 - the next maintenance release which is due to start beta testing imminently.

Comment

Hi All

Using Catalog v7.0.1 - I had problem that if a product goes out of stock I marked it out of stock so no ordering can take place on the master product or its duplicate.

When it was back in stock I updated the master product - which automatically updated the duplicate. The duplicate products were shown as updated in Actinic but not on the website.

Following reading the thread above I noted this bug was fixed in 7.0.2.

Therefore I have just upgraded to v7.0.3 - however only SOME of the duplicates have been updated on the website. Many other duplicates are not updating stock availability on the website. These do seem to be the older ones.

Has anyone else encountered this problem as part of installing the update?
            KJ Beckett
            Men's Clothing & Accessories
            Cufflinks, Underwear, Ties, Grooming Products
            Bath, England
            Fast delivery to UK, USA and worldwide.
            Men's Fashion Blog

Comment

Hi Paul

Many other duplicates are not updating stock availability on the website. These do seem to be the older ones.
              Hmm strange, what happens if you simply delete the duplicate, update the site, then undelete it (check to see if it is stock monitored on the original), update the site again.

If you where to do a test order on the duplicate and download the order, does the stock information update?

Kind Regards
              Nadeem Rasool
              SellerDeck Development

Comment

Working...
              X