Adding Info pages without links

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding Info pages without links

I have been using an information page for my external links. I now have too many links so I have decided to sort them into categories by adding a few more pages in order to break the links down into sections. I will still use the first links page but will add the category links on to this page.

The problem that I am now getting is that each of these pages now wants to have a button on the home page which is not what I am trying to achieve. If I click the hide on website box then none of the information on the page is displayed.

Any ideas?

Many thanks

Jason
    www.qualitysilver.co.uk
    Regards

Jason

Titan Jewellery (Swift Design)
    Zirconium Rings
    Damascus Steel Rings

Hi

The problem that I am now getting is that each of these pages now wants to have a button on the home page which is not what I am trying to achieve. If I click the hide on website box then none of the information on the page is displayed
    Could you please elaborate on this a bit more.

Cheers
    Kiran Chandran
    Technical Support - SellerDeck
    http://www.sellerdeck.co.uk/

Further help can also be found at http://community.sellerdeck.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27

Comment

I took out the code that produces the buttons/links and just made my own buttons or text links where I needed them ..

www.buymethatnow.com is all manual linking ..
      s a b b i e t a g e d

(*^_^*)

A wise Monkey never monkies with another Monkies Monkey ..

Comment

Hi

Please attach a copy of the template that creates this page and give me the link so I can have a look at it
        Kiran Chandran
        Technical Support - SellerDeck
        http://www.sellerdeck.co.uk/

Further help can also be found at http://community.sellerdeck.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27

Comment

I have just managed to work around it.

I left the info page on the links bar and added a table with the different categories to that page.

I then created new pages in Dreamweaver for each category and removed all the buttons.

The only downside is that these pages are not stored in catalog and have to be uploaded manually.

Many thanks

Jason
          www.qualitysilver.co.uk
          Regards

Jason

Titan Jewellery (Swift Design)
          Zirconium Rings
          Damascus Steel Rings

Comment

you are kinda along the right lines

But yes I totally know what you mean about having the custom pages they totally make life confusing .. so I started out like you with my custom pages made in Dreamweaver and when I updated something would forget where else I needed to update so what I did in the end was ..

As you probbers know you can put html in to the pages with a !!< and >!!

so make the pages in DW but just the middle of the page not the navigation etc strip this code out .. save all images for the body of the page in a sub folder of the root of the actinic site folder your working in .. ok "images" as example .. so say you got contact us and have some kind of contact logo put this in the images folder .. then when the page looks how you want and you are sure all your images are in this folder go in to the code view .. copy all the cody within the body tags and then in Actinic make a new page .. choose text only as its layout cnp the code you just got from DW and wrap the !!< >!! round it .. now before you upload your actinic site with the new page go back in to dreamweaver and upload your images folder in to your acatalog folder .. this is very important you place the images folder in there as when actinic does its stuff the code that you cnp from dw will be ammended and file paths will start in the actinic folder ..

You can save the new page you made in Actinic with any kind of file extention .. it will handle php scripts etc .. on my sites this is how all of my pages are made and has made life alot easier since I motivated myself to make the pages ..

To link to these pages you will also need to add acatalog in the url .. so say you had www.yoursite.com/contactus.html it will now be www.yoursite.com/acatalog/contactus.html or what ever ..

::takes deep breath::

hope this is of some use
            s a b b i e t a g e d

(*^_^*)

A wise Monkey never monkies with another Monkies Monkey ..

Comment

Working...
            X