10k product limit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

10k product limit

Never thought I'd hit this ceiling, but I now have 10k line items. Is there a way to go to more sections/products than this?

www.orate.co.uk is the site.

Richard
    Rich

Hello Richard,

I think that the 10k limit is just the 'tested to' limit rather than the actual limit. I have another product replication customer that has 50000+ products. Just keep on adding them you should be fine.

Regards,
    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
    Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
    A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
    Product Mash for Sellerdeck
    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
    Multichannel order processing
    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

If its an Access 2000 or later database, you'll be fine as long as you have the available memory on your pc and you compact the database periodically.

Comment

Thanks!

Thanks Jan & David!
        Rich

Comment

Sorry, not adding anything constructive to the discussion as such, just felt the need to say something abour your left hand navigation links. Is it intentional for the size of the text to change when you roll the mouse over? I will admit, i can see the odd occassion when it might work, but surely if it causes other elements in the page to move it isn't a great idea.

Anyway, just my 2 cents, i have done some pretty odd things with CSS in the past myself, just thought would make sure is deliberate.

Comment

Daniel - you're right about the gruesome effect of the font size change. Must have been working late that night to have thought that looked good!
            Rich

Comment

Problem Resolved (or non-existant!)

The problem is sorted. It came down to 1 duff entry which was my mistake.

For those who might be interested: we use a superb product replication tool from Jan Strassen at Mole End. We create one "master" product and then replicate loads of clones. In this way, we have - for example - a superb leather belt holster (or a shoulder holster if you want to look like James Bond!) for your mobile phone. We have a "clone" under each mobile phone that we have these products available for.

The advantage? it's not only fast to create, but change the "master" price, refresh, and all clones are changed.
              Rich

Comment

Sounds interesting, have you got more details on this clone software?
                Chris Ashdown

Comment

You can find more details at this URL.

http://www.mole-end.biz/acatalog/Pro...plication.html

It doesn't allow a full copy to be made as it uses the external database linking feature of Actinic business (and developer) to add the products to the database and so is limited to the fields you can link but the main fields are linked - a full list of linkable fields is given in the docs. The latest version has some nice features, such as the ability to replace the reference for an ordered clone with the master reference (therefore hiding the clones from invoices, the outside world etc), linked stock control. Products can also be linked over sites, so you could have 100 site and update product prices by changing them in the main site and clicking a single button.

Cheers.
                  Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
                  Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
                  A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
                  Product Mash for Sellerdeck
                  Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
                  Multichannel order processing
                  Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

I see that Jan Strassen got to answer your question about product replication (I call it cloning!). Her software is superb, and her support is good to.

If you have any questions on how it works and how I use it, feel free to email or tour the site. Look for example at any of the mobile phone brands, and then a particular phone model. You will see some of the following items:

· Fostac radiation modifier
                    · Displex scratch remover
                    · batteries, or chargers, etc

I have one master product for each of these, and literally hundreds of clones. Update the master, refresh, and all the hundreds of clones are changed in an instant.

We used to have products in logical categories based on warehousing: all batteries together, all chargers, etc. But some products rarely got bought because people did not know they existed.

We then had a revamp, and arranged all accessories by brand of phone, then model of phone – average line items per order soared, but site maintenance would have been a nightmare without the replication.
                    Rich

Comment

Working...
                    X