Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actinic with PHP!

Hey all...

I'm working on integrating actinc with some php functionality to kinda smarten up the site.

I've tried adding php code within the product description, and even though i have my server configured to parse php in .html files it just displays the code on the page.

Is there anything i can do about this?

The code works fine if i put it into the template, but i also want to be able to add it to the product description.

Am i going to have to create templates for individual products with the php code in and just change the product template or is there another way?

Also my templates are going to have some dynamic content (such as a scrolling marquee that can be updated across the whole site by the shop owner from a simple admin interface without having to come to me), but when you get to the checkout pages it kicks up a fuss and prints the code because they're perl generated pages...

Any solutions you guys can think of? The only one i can think of is to open the checkout pages in a pop up (or new) window using a basic template...

Thanx for your time guys.

Andyk

Would using !!<<? php code ?>>!! in product descriptions not work?

(!!< is the escape to write html, incase you're wondering).

Don't know about the perl files.

Comment

kewl... i didnt realise you could do that...

mwa ha ha ha ha... now i have the power! heh heh heh...

i think i'll try the pop up solution for the perl files... its easy and effective. can't really think of a downside.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
      X