Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Product Layout: Use Parent

Hi,

When you have a products layout set to "Use Parent", this just means use the "Default Product Layout", the use parent appears to make no sense.

Is it possible to be able to set a default “Product Layout” for all products in a section on a section by section basis, which would make more sense than using the “default product layout”.

What I am trying to say is I would like to be able to edit a particular section and set a default product layout for all products in that section unless a particular product layout is specified in the product.

Or has this been changed in v7 ?

Peter
    Printerbase - Colour & Mono Laser Printers

Hi Peter
    Is it possible to be able to set a default “Product Layout” for all products in a section on a section by section basis
    Yes, it is possible. You can create your own templates and set them as default layout templates. This template has to be in your site folder and you can select it by clicking the "Select" button and then browse to that template. You can have a different template for every section.

When a layout is set to "Use Parent" that template is usually Act_Primary.Html, you can edit this template by browsing to Advance|Template manager|Main and then click on the "Primary" button. If you are not looking at the button view you may have to change views.
    Kiran Chandran
    Technical Support - SellerDeck
    http://www.sellerdeck.co.uk/

Further help can also be found at http://community.sellerdeck.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27

Comment

I am talking about a "product layout template" and I would like to be able to specify a default product layout for all the products in a particular section.

I know you can specify a default product layout for the whole catalog but I would like to set this on section basis rather than the whole catalog.

For example I might want one section to use product layout 1 for all products in that section and another section to use product layout 2 for all products in that section unless overridden in the actual product.

Peter

Comment

Hi there

You can do this within the 'Product' tab of the section you want to edit.

Comment

Doh !

That's it, I can't believe I didn't see that.

I must have looked at that page loads of times but just didn't notice it.

Thanks

Peter

Comment

Working...
          X