Quick question... viewing a customers previous purchases

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quick question... viewing a customers previous purchases

Can a customer's previous purchases be viewed and/or accessed online.

I'm thinking something like "last time Mr Customer you purchased 'X'" to go in a box somewhere on screen.

If it's not available off the shelf can somebody do this feature for me?

Thanks for your time

Chris
    Chris Lamle
    http://www.northstardesign.co.uk

unless you are using customer accounts I would have though this would be very difficult, if for no other reason than actually being able to identify the customer as someone that has ordered before.

everytime customers return they seem to type their names in differently, sometimes use different e-mail addresses, and of course people move house occasionally so there is no one field that you can use to say 'yes, that's the same guy' - and that is not even including typos... Even when looking in actinic manually it is a pain to try and see returning customers, trying to automate it would be very hit and miss (mostly miss!).

I guess that it may be possible to assign another field to the order which could be unique for that customer, and then maybe create a database on the server (currently the info is held offline) with this info in - but you will have to let one of the developers answer that one, cause I wouldn't have a clue...
    John

Comment

Thanks JXM

I would be looking at doing it via customer accounts. How would this work then? Would this be relativelt straightforward then?

Cheers

Chris
      Chris Lamle
      http://www.northstardesign.co.uk

Comment

I have no idea, you'll have to wait for one of the developers to answer that one, I was just speculating...
        John

Comment

This is not a feature available in Actinic at the moment. I will add this to the wish list for you.

Comment

Working...
          X