Order Received minus credit card details

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Order Received minus credit card details

The default on checkout is 'credit card details sent separately' but if the customer misses it and carries on and enters their credit card details the order is sent without them. (Result = irate customer claiming "I DID send my card details!"

Can it be built in that credit card options are greyed out UNLESS credit payment is selected or is it possible to change the default selection.
    Tony

Mandrake Press Ltd.
    Actinic user since 1998

Hi Tony

If you wish to have just one option ("Credit Card Details Sent Separately") on checkout, then you can delete the other option, i.e., Credit Card Details Captured for Later Processing.
    To do this, in Actinic, click on View | Business Settings and then the Payment and Security tab. You would see two rows with both the above options. Right click on the latter option(Credit Card Details Captured for Later Processing) and delete the row. Click on Apply and then Ok. Update the changes to the site. The customers will now only see one payment option. When they now click on Next, they will be taken to the receipt page directly without being prompted for the Credit Card details.

Hope this helps.

Cheers
    Krithika Chandrasekar
    SellerDeck

sigpic

E-commerce software by SellerDeck

Comment

You missed the point. I want both . . . but if the the customers misses the selection box and goes on to enter their credit card details then when the order is transmitted the card details are lost.

I suggest that the program 'greys' out credit card boxes if "Credit Card Details Captured for Later Processing" has not been selected.

In addition, you did not answer my question re: changing the default selection . . . is this possible?
      Tony

Mandrake Press Ltd.
      Actinic user since 1998

Comment

To change the order in which they appear go into View | Business Settings and Payment & Security tab.

Then, click on each in turn and use the arrows located on the right to move them up or down in priority of how you wish them listed...

Also, how does your customers enter there card details, as in I mean, within the Java Applet or some other feature, as if the customer is given the option to provide there card details, then you should get them, unless you are using the Actinic shared SSL service in test mode, inwhich that case they would not get through at all and simply deleted as per the design of using it for a trial and not operationally, but that is simply a guess from my viewpoint...

Comment

I am using Business with dedicated ssl . . . no test modes etc.

changing the order does not change the default selection (already tried that)

The whole point of this post is that the customer IS given the option to enter card details but the default selection is "Credit Card Details Sent Separately" which, unless changed, over-rides the card details . . . and then . . .

. . . the order is received minus the card details!

We mail the customer saying we will cancel the order in 7 days unless we hear from them . . . customer replies and tells us they DID enter their card details . . . result is it looks bad on us, Actinic, etc. and customer thinks we are running some sloppy insecure site. It would not be clever PR to then tell the customer it was their fault!
          Tony

Mandrake Press Ltd.
          Actinic user since 1998

Comment

Is the PC handling the order downloads different to the PC the site was developed on and uploaded to the server? If so, you need to check Housekeeping > Security and ensure all the details are identical on both sites. If they are different then take a snapshot of the site used to upload to the server and import to the order download PC. It seems that when this happens the software assumes a safe mode and will not capture card details.
            Supporting the environment. This post uses 100% recycled electrons.
            Bob Isaac
            Director/Web Admin
            Volvo Owners Club Ltd

Actinic MS Business Version 8.5.2

Comment

we are using one pc
              Tony

Mandrake Press Ltd.
              Actinic user since 1998

Comment

In business settings . . . moving "Credit Card Details Captured for Later Processing" to the top and selecting this as fallback gives credit card as default selection on checkout . . .

but selecting "Credit Card Details Sent Separately" still allows credit card details to be entered which are then lost if the order is confirmed.

The software still needs the "Credit Card Details Sent Separately" option to disable entry of credit card info to avoid confusion

thanks to all
                Tony

Mandrake Press Ltd.
                Actinic user since 1998

Comment

Working...
                X