Help Needed On Shipping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help Needed On Shipping

Just wondering if there are any experts on the Shipping and Handling out there!

I have input all the weights and prices as per Royal Mail & Parcel Force, however I am doing an offer where it is free over £50, I have managed to do that, but I dont want to give free delivery to outside the UK does any one know how I do this?

Your help would be greatly appreciated!

Don't think it is possible to discrim against one country or another as to who does and does not get free shipping over a certain amount, i.e. if it is there then all get it or if it is not, then no one gets it - I thinks

Comment

Hi Information & Support
      Techno-Web Ltd

Thank you for you reply, I see am going to have to tackle this problem some other way

Your advice is mostly appreciated

Kind Regards
      Fredster

Comment

Free Uk Shipping

We have played with this.

At the end of the day we decided to offer free UK shipping on all sales.

We then added a class called "Free Shipping" and added it to the UK zone only. We set up two weights zero and 30kg both having a price of £0 and with the Description "Free Shipping in UK by Royal Mail First Class Post".

Regards
        Niall
        www.highlandclans.co.uk

Comment

Help Needed on Shipping

Thanks for your reply Niall,
          I was just wondering if you find this cost-effective to offer totally free shipping, did you find it increased sales? Would you recommend I do it as soon as I launch the website or as a one-off promotion? Or would you suggest doing maybe a flat rate of £3?

I want to do something like this to try and encourage purchases but would value your opinion on whether it is worth while

Many Thanks
          Fred

Comment

UK Shipping

HI,

we have found that the customer thinks thay are paying for shipping even when its free.
            we currently offer free shipping over a set amount and found that the best way was to set a new total by value and make all payment over that value free.

Hope this helps.

Paul
            Paul
            Director

www.babyechos.co.uk
            www.simplifiednetworking.co.uk
            www.raddery.co.uk

Developer 6 & 7

Comment

For what its worth, I think that there is a minimum price below which it is simply not worth selling on the web. If you then consider low cost items, the First Class post allows up to 1kg for £3.45. That's quite a weight.

Let's say the item costs £10 and a £1 to post - I think you are better simply shoving it on the price. If its returned you have to refund the whole price £11 as opposed to £10 - but it looks as though we get more sales by including the price. If they want the item urgently, they are happy to pay extra.

It may be worth offering second class post free. That way people will have the option of paying for faster service.

The problem with making all payments over £50 free is that - as far as I can tell - you can't restrict that to the UK.

Regards,
              Niall
              www.highlandclans.co.uk

Comment

UK Postage

The postage can be set by zones, so you can set a free postage over a set amount i.e free postage over £50. if you would like to me explain how please give a shout on paul@simplifiednetworking.co.uk and a walk you through it.

Thanks
                Paul
                Director

www.babyechos.co.uk
                www.simplifiednetworking.co.uk
                www.raddery.co.uk

Developer 6 & 7

Comment

Working...
                X