Display Products in Product Group

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Display Products in Product Group

Our Products are listed by subject but we use a 'basket value' based discount for one product group.

Actinic helpfully tells purchasers "spend £xx more on 'product group' to receive y% discount" but purchasers have difficulty finding other qualifying products . . .

Is there a way through search, or some other means, whereby purchasers can display products within a particular product group?
    Tony

Mandrake Press Ltd.
    Actinic user since 1998

Perhaps this could become a wish list item for 'search' . . . clearly the product records are 'tagged' to indicate a product group so it should be staightforward?

Maybe an alternative could be export / report of products in a product group . . . then brochure pages could hold the info?
    Tony

Mandrake Press Ltd.
    Actinic user since 1998

Comment

When you create a product group, and create a discount on that product group, and then enter a message in the 'Presentation' tab incorporating the [GROUPLINK] variable, Actinic generates a link of the following form online:

http://localhost/cgi-bin/ss000001.pl?PG=1&NOLOGIN=1&GROUPONLY=1

This is a link to that product group. The GROUPONLY=1 refers to the ID of the product group to link to. The id can be found in the 'nID' field in the 'DiscountProductGroups' table in the database.

Comment

- content deleted by cdicken -

Comment

Chris

Having obtained a page of results selecting a link to other results pages i.e. 21-40 41-60 61-80 Next 20

yields the error

Missing text search join mode. Please specify AND or OR.
          Please wait for your browser to forward you to the next page or click here.

which then takes you back to the original product page.

Is this a bug in the search script?
          Last edited by Laylah; 12-Aug-2004, 12:05 AM. Reason: new information
          Tony

Mandrake Press Ltd.
          Actinic user since 1998

Comment

It is a bug in the search script, but you can get around it in the short term by adding

&TB=A

onto the end of the product group link e.g.

http://localhost/cgi-bin/ss000001.pl?PG=1&NOLOGIN=1&GROUPONLY=1&TB=A

Comment

Thanks for that Chris . . . that's two bugs in two days :-) . . . maybe I should sign-up as a beta-tester?? However,

On Discounts | Cart Contents . . . presentation tab I have

Higher discounts apply to Llewellyn Products [GROUPLINK] in 'Description for product'

'Use Link to Product Group' is Checked

Here in 'Link Text'

For each Llewellyn product in the catalogue a line appears

"Higher discounts apply to Llewellyn Products Here"

The link Here works but the problem lies on the search pages as previously noted.

I then tried your link in 'Description for product' and unchecked 'Use Link to Product Group' . The link I used was

<FONT COLOR=#6177DC> <a href="http://www.mandrake-press.com/cgi-bin/ss000004.pl?PG=1&NOLOGIN=1&GROUPONLY=2&TB=A">Search for more Llewellyn Products </a> <BR></FONT>

[at first I used !!< >!! around the html but these were ignored and appeared either side of the link]

I substituted www.mandrake-press.com for localhost, changed the script number to 4 (correct script ID no.), and GROUPONLY=2 (value from the 'nID' field in the 'DiscountProductGroups' table in the database).

This displays Search for more Llewellyn Products against each Llewellyn product but when selected, the search yields No matching products were found.

I also put the link in 'Link Text' and [GROUPLINK] in 'Description for product' and achieved the same result . . . the link is displayed correctly but the search yields No matching products were found.

Have I made a mistake in the format of the search link??
              Last edited by Laylah; 12-Aug-2004, 10:10 AM. Reason: Spelling
              Tony

Mandrake Press Ltd.
              Actinic user since 1998

Comment

Try using the '2' for the 'PG=' value and leave 'GROUPONLY=' as '1' i.e.:

http://www.mandrake-press.com/cgi-bin/ss000004.pl?PG=2&NOLOGIN=1&GROUPONLY=1&TB=A

Comment

I tried that Chris . . .

<a href="http://www.mandrake-press.com/cgi-bin/ss000004.pl?PG=2&NOLOGIN=1&GROUPONLY=1&TB=A">Search for more Llewellyn Products </a> in Link Text and [GROUPLINK] in Description for Product

it finds the first 20 but selecting later pages i.e. 21-40 41-60 61-80 Next 20

yields the error Please specify words for the search.
                  Tony

Mandrake Press Ltd.
                  Actinic user since 1998

Comment

I have also tried the following combinations

PG = 2 [GROUPONLY]=1
                    PG = 1 [GROUPONLY]=2
                    PG = 2 [GROUPONLY]=2

also tried several variations without the &TB=A at the end

I have also tested the full link outsided the discount | presentation tab as a link from a catalog page (as a footer) and it produced identical results.

Any further suggestions would be most welcome
                    Tony

Mandrake Press Ltd.
                    Actinic user since 1998

Comment

Chris

We are still without a working solution for displaying more than 20 products in a product group . . . is this now officially a bug?
                      Tony

Mandrake Press Ltd.
                      Actinic user since 1998

Comment

Yes, this has been reported as a bug.

As for your problem, don't bother using the [GROUPLINK] variable. Just use the following code within the main 'Description for Product' field in the 'Presentation' tab:
                        Code:
                        !!<<a href="http://www.mandrake-press.com/cgi-bin/ss000004.pl?PG=2&NOLOGIN=1&GROUPONLY=1&TB=A">Search for more Llewellyn Products </a>>!!

Comment

Chris

What you suggest produces this output

!!<Search for more Llewellyn Products >!!

and selecting the link returns

20 good results but but selecting later pages i.e. 21-40 41-60 61-80 Next 20

Please specify words for the search.

Please wait for your browser to forward you to the next page or click here.

I'll give up on this point until the bug fix!!!! release
                          Tony

Mandrake Press Ltd.
                          Actinic user since 1998

Comment

Tony

Could you please confirm that you entered the code for the link into the large 'Description for Product' field rather than the small 'Link Text' field.

When I do it, it definitely appears without the embedded HTML marks (!!< and >!!) so I'm wondering whether you are entering it in the correct field.

Comment

Hi Chris

I just copied and pasted the text once again into the large 'Description for Product' field rather than the small 'Link Text' field.

!!<<a href="http://www.mandrake-press.com/cgi-bin/ss000004.pl?PG=2&NOLOGIN=1&GROUPONLY=1&TB=A">Search for more Llewellyn Products </a>>!!

use link to product group is unchecked and greyed out

you can view the results here but you will need to login . . . details sent via 'contact us' to community admin

I'll leave the site like that for 24hours so you can see it

I am using Business v. 7.0.1.0.0.0 EGSA
                              Tony

Mandrake Press Ltd.
                              Actinic user since 1998

Comment

Working...
                              X