restrict shipping zone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

restrict shipping zone

Is there any way to limit shipping to a specific UK area ie by postcode? Delivery will be done by van. I want to look at the delivery postcode and reject any that are outside my area.

Hi,

If you only deliver to this UK area then you could set this up as a location under the 'Advanced | Locations' menu. Then in your 'View | Business Settings | Shipping & Handling' tab you should set up a zone that only contains this new location as a member (delete any other zones). Make sure that you also set the 'If shipping band not defined' option to 'Do not allow shipping'.

Apply this and update your site and only your new location will be displayed for shipping location.

I hope this helps.
    Tracey
    SellerDeck

Comment

Hi
      Thanks for the advice. A little more complex question. If customers are situated within a group of post codes they can have free delivery by van. Outside this area (but UK only) they will have the products delivered by post.
      Any suggestions?
      Thanks

Comment

Hi,

In this case instead of setting up a new location, you can set up the postcodes as 'states' of the UK within 'Advanced | Locations'. Then you can just add particular 'states' to certain zones and specify the classes for those zones. I hope this makes sense.
        Tracey
        SellerDeck

Comment

Hi Tracey
          Worked a treat - eventually!
          Thanks
          Valve Man

Comment

Working...
          X